chapter 12

I don't know for how long I cried and screamed for someone to open the door and let me out of here but no one came. I can feel my throat hurting so badly. I think I can't scream anymore or even talk from how dry my throat had become that its hurt at this point when I breath. Please someone help me, I want to get out of this hell. All my energy is drained due to constant crying and screaming, now my tears are also dried. I can't even cry anymore. I am sitting on the floor along a wall in the corner of a room, nothing is visible in this room. There is darkness all around me, I dont know if I am being delusional or it's just my mind playing games on me but I feel like someone is crawling towards me, I'm hearing different sounds despite the fact that there is eerie silence around me and I know there is no one beside me in this room.

I feel like I can't breath anymore, everything is suffocating me. I tried to relax myself but it's of no use because I felt my breath stuck making it difficult to exhale or inhale. I am telling my mind to just inhale and exhale but nothing is helping me. My lungs have started hurting, my whole body felt numb. I can't move my hands either it's like I'm being paralyzed. I don't know what is happening to me. At this point I just want to die to get rid of this. It looks like it's the only way out, I have lost all my hope. I can't be brave, it was so stupid of me to think I can be brave but no I am not, I can never be. It was my mistake to think that. But now I am going to be free. Free from him, free from this darkness, free from this world. My eyes started drooping and I fell into complete and utter darkness yet again.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Third person's p.o.v

He was pacing in his room. He never wanted to hurt her because he made a promise to himself, the first moment he laid eyes on the most beautiful and innocent girl he had ever seen, that he would protect her from the world and most importantly from himself. He know he is the most ruthless person who has no control over himself when he is angry. He wanted her to not disobey her or not make him angry. He doesn't like when someone disrespect him. He had always seen the fear in everyone's eyes, fear of him, the fear of what he could do to them if they will slightly disrespect him. If there was any other person in place of her he would of have killed them but not her. She has taken a place in his heart which was empty before. She was the light in his life full of darkness. The moment he saw her he felt at peace, he never thought that he would feel something like that for someone but she just took his heart the moment she looked in his eyes, but what he saw in her eyes was fear which he dont want to see ever again. He can't hurt her, he had just locked her in the basement to scare her so she won't do that again but he is not feeling at peace. She is so fragile who can be bruised and shattered easily and he won't let that happen to her but if only he knew what he had done to her unknowingly. It's been an hour of her being locked in that dark basement and he thinks that it's enough for her. It's the most easiest punishment he had ever given to anyone but in reality he had done the worse to the only precious thing that ever mattered to him.

He made his way towards the basement to let her out. He couldn't bear her cries and screams, they were making him wanting to punch himself for putting her in distress. When he reached their he turn on the lights that were on the side of the door on the outside. When he entered and walk down the stairs, he couldn't see her at first but then what he saw make him want to kill himself. He saw her lying on the floor unconscious. He ran towards her and take her head in his arms but he saw that she is not breathing properly. That was the final blow to his face. He took her in his arms and started running towards the door and to his room. He shouted his guards to call Dr. Grimshaw who had treated her before when she fell out of the window. When he saw her falling out of that window he felt fear for the first time in his life. Fear of loosing her. But what he is feeling at this moment is not only fear its guilt and hurt. He had never felt those emotions in his life. The only emotion he had ever felt is anger. But this girl is making him feel each and every emotion. She doesn't even know what she is doing to him.

He laid her down on his bed, he tried to wake her but she wasn't responding.

"Please wakeup love, please" he said to her putting his palms on both side of her face.

"I promise you I would never hurt you again. You can disrespect me as much as you want to I won't say anything to  you" he told the unconscious girl.

Dr. Grimshaw came running in the room in hurry. He came towards the bed where Xander was.

"What happened to her boss?" He went towards her and started checking her vitals.

"I dont know I found her unconscious in the basement. She is not breathing properly" he said standing from the bed to let him check her.

He stands few feet away from her. His eyes were on her innocent face. He was waiting impatiently for the doctor to say that everything is alright. But he was keeping his demeanor calm, he won't let anyone see his softer side. This is only reserved for her and only her.

"She had a panic attack. If you haven't reached her on time we must have lost her. But now everything is normal." Dr. Said.

On hearing those words he wanted to strangle the doctor for saying he would have lost her. But it was his fault, he did this to her not doctor or anyone else. He was solely responsible for her condition. It hurts him seeing her in this condition, I.V attached to her hand and her depending on oxygen mask for breathing. It all happened because of him. With that he walk out of the room making sure she is alright. He went to his office on the ground floor, he started venting out his anger on the things in the room. He was angry on himself for what he had done to her and what would have happened if he didn't reach her on time. But one thing is now clear, he would not let her hurt ever again. It was the last time he had let that happened but not anymore. He will cherish her for the rest of his life and that is his promise to himself.