chapter 4

I was sitting on the bed when I heard loud noises from downstairs. I was so curious of what is going on, so I started going downstairs to listen to what all commotion is about. When I reached at the last step, I heard yelling of a man which I think is my grandpa but who he is yelling at.

"What are you doing here?" He said.

"I wanted to visit my daughter's grave so I came here but why are you here? You never came before" grandma said.

"I wanted to see why you came here without telling anyone "

"Are you here to visit your daughter's grave?"

"N.. no .. I ..uh " he stutters.

"Come on just admit it. It's not wrong to come here, she was our daughter Peter."

"I just wanted to see her that's it " he said looking down.

I was about to go up when I stumbled and fell down with a loud thump. I groaned and when I came to my senses, I realized what I just did. I turn around to see my grandparent's watching me with wide eyes, my grandpa has a look in his eyes as if he has seen a ghost whereas my grandma's eyes were yelling me to why I came downstairs. With that I started to made my way up to the steps. When my grandpa calls me.

"Rose..."

"I am not Rose. I am .." I said turning towards him.

"You are her daughter but you were.. dead" he said with shock evident in his eyes.

I looked at him with confusion. Does he thinks that I was dead all these years and I thought he doesn't want to meet me. We both look at grandma who was now looking at the ground while crying.

"Why did you lie to me" he yelled with a loud voice that made me and grandma flinch.

"I wanted to protect her " she said.

"You wanted to protect her from me. You think I would hurt her. How can you think that?" His voice was so loud that every one in the house can hear him.

As on queue my dad came in and was also shocked to see my grandpa there.

"Oh so he is alive too. All these years I thought I failed my daughter by not protecting her and her family but I was wrong. I lived in guilt and you didn't find it in you to tell me" he stated with so much anger in his eyes.

"I thought that it would be better like this. If rose was alive she would also want that. You know that is the reason she run from us. She never wanted that life and I am sure she wouldn't want that for her daughter either"

"And how could you think that I would let my granddaughter in danger. But by not telling me you put her is danger. She wasn't with any protection all these year, what if someone hurts her what would you have done then?"

"She was with her father all those years. You need not to worry about her. I am capable of protecting my daughter" my dad chimed in.

"Oh really like you have protected my daughter " he spitted

My dad froze for a second. How could say that to my father, he has always done everything in his power to protect us.

"You can't talk to my dad like that. It wasn't his fault that someone killed my mother " I said with tears brimming in my eyes.

"You dont know anything sweetie. If it wasn't for your dad came in my daughter's life she would have been alive" he said.

"Don't say it peter, your daughter loved him and was happy with him" grandma said.

"We are going from here bella. Pack your bags we are leaving" my dad said.

"No way in hell I am letting her go with you. She is going with us " grandpa said

"She is my daughter and she will go where I will go" dad said.

I stood there silently processing what is happening around me. When my dad went upstairs to bring our bags, he told me to follow him to the car. I looked at my grandma to see her with tears in her eyes and my grandpa looking at me with pain. I went after my dad without saying a word to anyone of them. I never wanted it to turn out like this. I have so many questions in my mind that I want answers too. I sat on the front seat my dad started car without uttering a word. I can see how my grandfather's word affected him as he was in deep thought. I closed my eyes leaning to my seat and thinking of what just happens.

As we were driving I dont know what happen when I opened my eyes I saw a car coming toward us with so much speed that my dad turn the steering wheel left to avoid hitting the car but instead our car hits the tree with so much force that my head hit the dashboard and blood started oozing out. I looked towards my dad to see him with his eyes closed and his head resting on steering wheel. The blood oozing out of him.

I don't know what happen next as I welcome darkness that engulfs me into a peaceful sleep.