chapter 10

As I was pondering over the reality of what my life has become, the door to the room opened revealing that mason guy.

"Hey cutie! How are you? Well I think this is a stupid question to ask someone who has been kidnapped but still there is something called common courtesy so.." he said with a heartwarming smile.

I know he is saying this to lighten up my mood and somehow his words does brought a smile on my face. I dont know why but I feel safe in his presence and I instantly like him. Well isn't it weird, he is the friend of that scary guy who kidnapped me.

"I see you are not a much of a talker. Sorry but I haven't seen a girl in my life who is so quiet" he said sitting in front of me on the bed.

"I dont know what to say" somehow I feel comfortable with him and I'm not even stuttering while talking to a stranger.

"Let's starts with the formal introductions. Hi my name is Mason" he said stretching his hand towards me for a handshake.

"Umm.. Hi I'm Isabella brown" I said shaking his hand also feeling weird that we are having this normal conversation and I'm completely comfortable with it. This is not normal for any sane person. Is it?

"What are you thinking?" He asked me when he saw me in deep thoughts.

He seems friendly may be he will tell me all about my kidnapping and that deal.

"Why am I here? What does that scary guy wants from me?" I asked.

Mason laughed as if I have said the most funniest thing.

"Do you mean Xander?" He asked in between his fits of laughter.

I looked at him still clueless of why he is laughing like this, it's not funny.

"Okay friendly advice don't ever say this on his face, you will not like the consequences" he said to me this time he was serious.

"But I just did, it wasn't intentional it just slipped out of my mouth" I told him about my previous encounter with Xander.

"You said him scary on his face and he didn't say you anything at all" he seems surprised

I shake my head no. He really didn't said anything instead he said he liked it.

"You are someone special to him then"he said to me still thinking over something.

"I dont think so he threatened me too" I told him about his warning.

"Well jumping from the window was kind of stupid move. You know you could have been severely hurt" he said

"Please will you help me to escape from here" I said him in Hopes that he will help me but to my dismay.

"I am sorry,I can't do that. Xander is my best friend, I can't betray him" he said.

I looked down with tears in my eyes. Nobody's is going to help me, I will be stuck here for God knows how long.

"Hey please don't cry kitten" he said softly holding my chin and lifting my face so he can look in my eyes.

"I dont want to stay here, I want to go to my father. What if he wakes up and he wants to see me and I'm not there" I said with more tears streaming down my face on the thought of not seeing my father again.

"I can't help you escape but I can tell you about your father condition. He is completely fine in the hospital" he told me.

"What type of deal he presented my grandpa which he refused?please at least tell me why I am here?" I asked him.

"He wanted you the moment he saw you at you grandfather's house. I was also there at that time, we went there for another deal. Your grandfather wanted our protection but we didn't know at that time exactly for whom he wanted protection but the moment we saw you we knew it was for you and your father. So Xander presented a deal to your grandfather which assured your protection but he refused and now you are here like this"

"What was the deal?" I asked him.

"He asked to marry you and in return he will keep you safe from everyone. But your grandfather didn't like the idea and he refused right away which made Xander to take this step and he told me to kidnap you from your grandfather's house" he said.

"What? Y-you were the mask man who kidnapped me" I said not believing what he is saying.

"Yeah sorry it was an order, I have never done this before. It was my first time and I was smooth " he chuckled lightly.

To say I was shocked was an understatement technically he is the one who kidnapped me and here I am sitting and talking with him comfortably like he is an old friend.

"Why do I need security and from whom? And How only Xander can protect me?" I have so many questions running in my mind that I know no answers to.

"Because he is the boss of the most dangerous and powerful mafia and uh.. uh apparently you need protection from his uncle" he told me

I got more confused on hearing him. Now what it has to do with his uncle, I dont even know him.

"What do you mean?" I asked him as it get more and more complicated.

"His uncle wants to kill you and your father and that accident it was not a coincidence, it was planned by his uncle to kill both of you" he told me.

I was shocked and scared now. If someone tries to kill us than he would do that again and my father, he is in hospital. What if someone hurt him there. No no no I can't think like that.

"Don't worry your father is in safe hands. Xander has some best man looking over him. Nobody would dare to hurt him once they knew that your father is going to be Xander's father-in-law.

"Whattt???"