chapter 20

When I told my dad about my decision he surprised me by his reaction. I thought that he would freak out or something like that but he told me that he is okay with my decision and I will be well protected here. But now he is freaking me out by saying that he wants to go back to home where there is still danger.

"Dad please you are not going anywhere. You are staying here with me and you are also not completely healed." I pleaded.

"Bella look I have to go one day so why not now. You know that I can't stay here forever and I am fine now" he said.

"No you are not going. Your life is in danger too. Xander's uncle is still out there." I cried out.

"Dad you have hidden this all from me but please dad I want to know everything. If he was mom's best friend then why he wanted to kill her and us?" I asked him.

He remain silent for a while but urged him.

"Dad please" I pleaded.

"Okay I will tell you everything but you have to promise me you will let me go" he said.

"No way you are not going" I told.

"Then I am not telling you anything"

"Dad why are you being so stubborn?" I huffed out.

"Because I am your dad" he said with a small smile.

"I am not stubborn" I told him.

"Yeah right" he scoffs.

"Daddddd" I whined

I know him very well he will not tell me anything until I will let him go.

"Fine. Now tell me everything" I said.

"Okay" he smiled at me for a moment but then his face turned serious.

"Franklin and Rose were childhood best friends. Both their families are from mafia and they were allies. Both their fathers were also best friends that's why they were always close. Franklin was in love with Rose but she didn't felt that back for him. Franklin never confessed to her but he thought that she also likes him and he told his dad about his feelings. His father talked to your grandfather and they decided for them to get married. Rose wasn't aware of this and she was dating me at that time and we were in love. When she was told about the proposal she rejected it and fought with her parents. But your grandfather didn't listen to her and forced her to marry him. She decided to talk to franklin about that." He said

"And what did he say?" I asked

"He helped your mother and me to run away from there" he told me.

"What? But if he helped you then why did he killed her then?" I asked shocked at the revelation.

"That I also don't know why he did that when he was the one who helped us. Sometimes I think that it's not him who killed her. But the letter I found with your mother was from him." He told me.

Xander also doesn't believe that franklin had killed her may be he is not the one who killed her. But it's not him than who can be and why they are using his name.

"Dad may be someone else is using his name and he is not the culprit" I said.

"I don't know but if he is not the culprit then where is he? Why he is not proving us wrong?"

"Leave it bella, you don't have to worry about this. You are married now even though I dont like him because of his family but he really loves you. I can see in his eyes how much he loves you. He will always protect you. He told me everything how he kidnapped you and forced you to marry him and I want to kill him for that. But I know only he can keep you safe so I will give him a chance. But if he ever treat you wrongly you will tell me and I will take you with me. Understood?" He asked.

"Yes dad" I smiled.

"Do you like him?" He asked me.

"Dad I don't know, I like him but sometimes I think that this is all wrong. I don't know what I feel for him" I told honestly what I felt for him.

"I know how you two met is not the right way but now if you are giving him a chance you have to forget everything. I can tell how sorry he is of what he has done. Try to understand how you feel for him and remember that I will always be there for you. If you dont want him I will take you with me. I want you to be happy" dad said.

"Thank you dad. I love you" I told him. He is the best.

He is right I have to understand what I feel for him is it love or not and I have to forgive him for what he has done. I will give him a chance and this time it will be honest from my side. I will try to trust him.