chapter 14

"If you will say yes to the marriage then I will take you to your father"

His words are still ringing in my head after that he let me come to my room. So here I'm sitting on my bed thinking of what my answer would be. It's not like he has left me with a choice. What I dont understand is why he wants me so much? I am not that pretty or there is nothing special in me that he is so keen on marrying me. There must be some other reason behind this. Whatever it is I will not wait for this to happen. I will never marry this monster. So there is only one thing which I can do to get away from this and which is to escape from here.

With that in mind I stood from the bed and made my way towards the bedroom door. Its night time so there will be no one outside at this time apart from that army of guards. I sigh. I don't know if I will be able to escape but I have to give it a try. What worse would happen? He will again lock me in that basement. I shivered at that thought. I have to think positive, it's now or never. With that I peeked out of the half opened door to see if there is anyone in the hallway and to my relief there was no one. I step out of the room in to the lightly dim hallway and made my way towards the stairs. When I stepped down the stairs, I stood there to decide which way I would go, the front door where there would definitely be guards standing or the back door towards the garden which I had seen from my bedroom window. I heard a noise coming from upstairs so I decide that I would go for  the back door and I tiptoed towards it. When I reached there I unlocked the door and peeked out to see if there's someone and again there was no one out. I guess it's my lucky day. I ran towards the garden to see if there is any way out. I have seen from my window that there is a forest at end of the garden maybe it will be my way  out. But it all seemed so easy, like there is no one here or in the house who had caught me.

When I reached the end of the garden  I saw huge trees indicating the end of garden and starting of forest. I went in to deep forest, it was not that dark because of the full moon. As I was going in, eerie silence in the forest started giving me chills and I started regretting my decision. What if I got lost in the forest or may be some animal will come and attack me, what will I do then?  But I am now far away from the house and I can't go back but there are trees in all direction, it's like there is no end and it's also getting cold. I am only wearing a quarter sleeved tshirt with tights. I have to keep going and be brave. I can do this, I keep reminding myself that again and again. So that no negative thoughts would come to my mind. Suddenly I heard a crunch sound in the distance and a low growl, I stop in my tracks and froze at one place. Oh my god is this.... oh no. With that I started running, i dont know where I'm going I just ran and ran. Little branches of tree smack on my face and my arms but I couldn't care more. Only one thought was in my mind that was to run as far as I can. Suddenly my foot tangle in a root and I fell face front on the forest floor. I started crying uncontrollably, why I can't do even a single thing right. It looks like I have fell into a much deeper situation. I sat up and rest my back on the tree. I had no energy, I am panting badly due to all the running. I am all alone in here, may be this is the place where I would die, that wolf will come and eat me. I raised my knees towards my chest and placed my head on my knees sobbing.

It's been long with me sitting in this position and there is not a sight of wolf may be he will not come but I can't go anywhere so I will stay here until morning then I will start running again. My sobs have died down too. I clutch my mother's necklace, that's around me neck, tightly in my hand. I miss her, I felt like if she was with us this all wouldn't have happened. We would be living a peaceful life away from here only if she was here. I am so scared mom, please help me. Please...

I heard again crunching sound and I look up to see what made that sound. I stood up and started looking around for something or someone. I started sobbing again what if that wolf is back, I can't even fight it. Then I heard some footsteps and a voice yelling my name. Is it... is it Xander? It's his voice, he is here for me. He found me, I have never felt more happy after listening his voice at this moment. I wanted to tell him where I am but I couldn't find my voice. I know there is no way out of here, I am lost and scared. And only he can help me. He saw me and stood there watching me.

" Are you alright love?" He asked. He was panting badly because of running. There was worry on his face.

I dont know what came over me but I ran towards him and embrace him tightly. My head on his chest, I can listen to his frantic heartbeat may be due to all running. But at this moment I felt peace. At first he stood still, but then he placed his arms around me one on my back and the other hand at back of my head. We stayed like that for some time but then I heard Mason behind.

"Thank God you are okay" he said.

His words brought me back to reality, I opened my eyes and realized what I am doing. I pulled away from him abruptly. He seems shocked by my sudden reaction but then covered it with his usual blank face.

"Let's go" he said. He doesn't say anything else and turned back. I started walking behind him but my foot entangled and I was about to fell but two strong arms caught me before  falling. That was Xander,  I look in his eyes as he did the same. Then he picked me up in his arms. I didn't object, I wanted to tell him to put me down but i had no energy to speak. I also don't want to walk, my legs are hurting. So I placed my arms around his neck and closed my eyes and fell into sleep.