6 | Silly dancing

I was enjoying this night way too much

All the older people had left so we could finally start the after-party. Amelia had decided that it was better to stay away from me. But I was not going to let that happen. Not after the thirty-minute-long dance, we had that she actually enjoyed. I had seen the smile she had tried to hide for me.

I have no idea what it is about Amelia but I constantly want to be with her. The first time I saw her, I promised myself that I would find a way to go on a date with her. I had asked a few times but every single time she laughed at me and went on with her life. That is why I decided to bicker with her whenever we are both in the ice rink.

"Carson, stop following me like a lost puppy. I don't want to dance with you again." She was sipping from her drink, letting her rid lips leaving a stain behind at the glass. "I just want you to tell me that you enjoyed the dance. Is that so hard for you to say out loud?" She kept her glass to her lips, making sure that I couldn't see the smile forming on her face.

She started to look around the room to find an escape. But Alina and Alex had already left the party to hook up. Lyra, the girl with red hair, had been dancing with most of the sorority sisters. So, Amelia was left to me. And I wasn't complaining about it. "Why would I lie about that?"

She was going to be the death of me one day. Constantly bickering with me but deep down I enjoy it a bit too much for my own liking. "Is that why you were smiling so hard when I twirled you? Or when I laid my hands at your waist?" She rolls her eyes while biting her bottom lip. And my gaze is back to her full, nude, and kissable lips. "I should ask you the question instead, Carson. Because I am quite sure it wasn't your phone bothering me earlier."

My laughter fills the room, receiving some stares from the other guys. They had all found someone for the night and if not, they had already left to find someone else. The suits we are wearing do help to find some girl for the night. I think I even saw some guys leave with single mothers, and I couldn't really blame them. Some of the mothers really looked good but I wouldn't be the one going home with them. But I won't judge them, everybody has their own taste.

Mine is an ice-cold-hearted figure skater.

"And may I add that it was quite small." She passes by me, letting her fingers touch my shoulder. I follow her to the dance floor where Brandon is pointing at her. He pulls her closer to him by turning her around. "Dude, you are lucky that your balls aren't cut off by now. Amelia can be one tough girl when she doesn't want to talk with you."

All the guys on the team were scared of Amelia. She had never backed off when we got on the ice to start our practice. She had even once taken our puck with her while all the guys followed her. She was a better skater, especially backward. She played with all the guys before putting the puck back on the ice with a smirk plastered on her face.

I think that was the day I started to look out for her. I couldn't stop following her whenever she was in the same room as me. Every single day I got earlier to practice to see her skate with her coach who was probably the toughest person I have ever met. She didn't let Amelia do anything else than those twirls and jumps ten times before she could leave the ice.