13 | Happy friends, happy life

"Can you please stop smiling for a moment?" Lyra is laying on my bed with a bag of popcorn beside her

"Can you please stop smiling for a moment?" Lyra is laying on my bed with a bag of popcorn beside her. Alina and she had marched into my bedroom a few minutes ago since I needed to tell them everything about the date. "I want the details, Lyra. So shut up."

Alina is sitting in front of me, painting my nails in white. "We went to a restaurant not so far from here. He reserved a private area for us so no one could disturb us." Lyra is now leaning her head at her two hands while staring at me. "Tell me that you fucked each other on the table? Or just some foreplaying?"

Alina snorts when Lyra throws a handful of popcorn at me when I shake my head. "I have this rule of not sleeping with someone on the first date. Especially with guys that can get enough of other girls waiting for him." Lyra rolls her eyes at me, something that she regularly does with me.

"Well, you said that you wouldn't give him a blowjob and that you already did." I throw the pillow beside me at Lyra who is just laughing at me. I knew that it was a stupid idea to tell them about the day in his bedroom. They would use it against me whenever they could. "I should have never told you that. As I said, not my finest moment."

"You couldn't keep that a secret from us, Lia." Alina keeps herself busy with painting my nails. She had offered to do that so I would look good for the competition in a few weeks. "Can we please go back to the date? Carson has never been on a date with someone before in college. He has been with girls for one night and that is it." I had seen the girl at the restaurant cry when we entered. I didn't want to ask him who she was because that would ruin the date, but I am quite sure that they have slept together.

I didn't really have a problem with him sleeping around for the past two years. I had known him for two years and was aware of all the girls waiting for him. I was not going to deny it that I was scared he would lose interest in me after the blowjob but he showed me something different.

I had never seen him so nervous before in my life. He had brought fake pink flowers for me. And I have put them on my nightstand so I can look at them all the time. I had no idea how he found out what my favorite flowers are. And how I can't keep anything alive. But it was adorable of him to keep all of that in mind.

"We just talked about everything. There was never really an awkward silence where we had to find something to talk about." I had laid my feet on his lap and he had just ignored it. He didn't bother asking me to lay them somewhere else. Instead, he started to caress them under the table after the dessert. "I am scared that I am falling too hard for him."

Alina stops with my nails and takes my hands into hers. Giving me a sad but understanding look. She knows how I feel all the time, how unworthy. "It is quite scary to fall for someone but it is also at the same time the best thing that can happen. You have to go with the flow and see what the future brings."

Lyra lays her hands on my shoulders and starts to massage me. "If he hurts you, I am going to chop his balls off. And I will gladly burn his place down if you are okay with that." I start to chuckle because I know that she isn't lying about it.

Lyra is not the kind of girl that shows her feelings to other people. It is something that we have in common. But we would go through fire for the people that we love and care about in our life. I would do the same for her if it would ever happen.

"I will ask Alex and his friends to teach him a lesson then." Alina smiles at me. "That reminds me of something that Alex told me. He said that he is really happy for you and he hopes that one day you will be capable of standing in the same room as him."

"It is not because I am soft now for Carson that it will happen again. But tell Alex that I appreciate it a lot." Maybe I should give the guy a chance after all. He has been trying to get on my good side for quite some time now. I am sure that he and Alina are going to stay together even if I am making it hard for him.

"The stone-cold figure skater is starting to go soft for people." Lyra pulls me closer to her, giving me a hug from behind. Alina gets on top of me and starts to hug me so tight. I know that I haven't made it easy for her. Always getting mad at Alex whenever he is around but I want the best for her. I want her to be happy. And now I realize that he is the reason she is happy.

***

I was regretting this decision.

Lyra had thrown all the dresses she likes at me. Alina on the other hand had been busy trying to find the right lingerie for me. She is sure that she is going to find something that is going to make Carson lose his mind.

Her exact words.

"Can you please stop for a second? My changing room is so full that I can barely turn around." Lyra starts to laugh when she opens the door. The changing room is full of all the dresses that she had found for me. I had to attend another benefit evening where I had to present myself at the auction.

The sorority sisters had agreed with me not doing anything else if I would do this. I didn't really like the idea of letting people pay for me but it was for a good purpose. "You have to look innocent but sexy at the same time. That isn't the easiest thing since you literally scream kiss me."

Lyra is now zipping the green dress for me. "Do you know how many times I have wanted to kiss you?" Lyra is bisexual and I had never really realized that she was flirting with me when we first met each other. I thought that she was just trying to be nice and compliment me with everything that I did.

"I am still mad at myself for not noticing that you were flirting with me." She shrugs her shoulders while helping me get out of the changing room. The green dress is simple but still made people turn their heads. Or that is what I am hoping for. "How could I not flirt with you? You are outstanding."

I take one step with my left leg, letting the split show at Lyra. I am already in love with this dress because people wouldn't guess that it had a split at my leg. It is hidden perfectly. The perfect dress to be innocent and sexy at the same time.

"Can you please not make me blush?" Lyra twirls me around and I feel like I belong in a fairytale. I am used to wearing competition dresses that are tight and short. But this dress is everything that I love. Simple and in the perfect color to make my hair and eyes stand out.

"I found the perfect lingerie." Alina stops in the middle of the store with a pink bag in her hands. She starts to whistle at me. "You have to buy that dress now. It will be perfect for the lingerie that I bought. I knew that I had to choose a strapless one."

"I am still confused on how you know my size." Alina her light dark skin glows in her bright orange dress. She starts to chuckle at me when she picks one of my other bras out of the bag. "I stole one of your bras before we left. I knew that you wouldn't buy something shameless so I had to do it on my own."

Lyra is smiling at me too now. She is aware of Alina her plan all along. "You guys are the worst do you know that?" They both shrug their shoulders at me while I enter the changing room again. I hand the dress to Lyra who had offered to pay for the dress since I didn't have enough money for it. I was going to pay her back once I earn more money.

I wanted to go for an old dress that I had in my closet but Lyra wanted me to have something new. And I am glad that she made me buy a new one. I have never felt so beautiful in a dress before in my life.

"I will pay for food. And don't you dare say no." I wrap my arms around the two of them. For the first time in a long time, I have friends that love me for the real me. I didn't have to pretend to be someone else.

For once, I am happy.