🌹 Almost in Love

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

My heart pounded so loud in my chest, I was so worried he may hear it, too. He glanced up, eyes blue as the ocean, blue as a storm. His gaze never left mine but like always, butterflies swarmed in my stomach and my own gaze flitted away. Would it always be like this with us? Could I ever act normal around him?

Things progressed as usual, just like any day. As always, there never seemed to be enough time in the day to spend together. It was never enough, not for me anyhow. Sometimes I wonder if he feels like that, too. But of course, my overthinking tells me 'no'.

Conversation starts, words are spoken and he laughs. And all of a sudden, I can't take my eyes off of him. It's hard to describe really - when you feel this way about a person.

Suddenly, he's the center of your universe. And nothing else matters.

And it's not just physical attraction that draws you to this one enigmatic, most wonderful of human beings. It's quite literally everything about that one person.

It's in the things only he says, how he can come up with unique things to say that I couldn't possibly ever think of. It's in that look in his eyes when they meet mine, like he sees into my soul. It's in the things he loves, in the little things that make him happy.

Just being around him makes everything so much better, perfectly clear.

But I doubt he realizes any of this. In fact, I know he doesn't.

That doesn't matter though - all that really counts is that he's in my life.

Maybe the form doesn't matter, just as long as he's there. As long as he doesn't go.

Because I don't know how I'd live without him, how I'd live without that one spark of happiness I cling to. Even in the darkest times.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»