🌹 Bottled Up Memories

Author's Note: Unknown date, probably sometime in 2009 though based on the notebook it was in LOL This story idea is a little wacky if I'm being honest. Just the idea of someone having THAT many kids and marrying so many times... I guess I thought I was writing about Liz Taylor minus the children LOL This is written in a biography/memoir style so it's very different than my other stories and it does have mentions of suicide nearing the end. Just wanted to drop that trigger warning. I hope y'all enjoy it all the same <3

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

Foreword

Twins Alexandra Anne Livingston and Alexander Adam Livingston were born to Meredith Jeanine Handler and Robert Johnathan Livingston on September 18, 1908.

This book was written in Mrs. Alexandra Livingston Davis' hand, discovered in a dusty attic years after her passing. Sadly, she would never see the publishing of her memoirs. Some facts have been altered to the protect the identity of those who wished to remain anonymous. Being that these memoirs were written in a time period much different than our own, some subject matter is sensitive and as such it should be noted that these views do not reflect the opinions of Alexandra's family. Thank you for reading her story.

Bottled Up Memories: A memoir by A. A. Livingston

I was 13-years-old when my parents arranged a marriage for me. Not normal or politically correct in this day and age but it was then. My parents thought him a good match coming from a well-off family who lived nearby. His name was Andrew Jacobsen, a handsome 21-year-old son of Duke Timothy Jacobsen. Despite the age difference between us and the fact I was forced into this marriage, I found myself attracted to this much older man - a man whom I naively assumed would love and take care of me. After all, my parents marriage had been arranged and they seemed relatively happy in my eyes.

I was just 15 when I gave birth to my first child, a son to Andrew's surprise and joy. We named him Leopold Johnathan after my father. Yet one child, it seems, would not be enough for Andrew who upon the passing of his father just three months after Leopold's birth had assumed the title of Duke Andrew Jacobsen. No, Andrew wanted as many heirs as possible.

The following year, I gave birth to a baby girl we named Abigail Eileen. The next year, I birthed twins, Nicholas Joseph and Calvin Roberto. Our last child together came in 1926, a boy named Albert Clive. Despite my beautiful children that I loved more than life, our marriage had soured and at just 18 years of age, I found myself a divorcee. After all, Andrew now had what he wanted - four male heirs - and I meant nothing to him at all. Afterward, I heard he had re-married to a young, blonde - beautiful, yes, but not the most intelligent girl. She was just 15-years-old.

The only child that Andrew allowed me to keep, to live under my care was Abigail. Because she was female, she could not become a duke and would inherit nothing from her father. Therefore, she was useless to Andrew. I re-married a year later to the Governor of Mexico, Desiderio Rodriguez. But our marriage lasted only two months before we parted due to unreconcilable differences. It was for the best although it broke my heart.

A month later, I married again. This time to Henry Johnson, an actor I had met while vacationing in Bermuda. He was there filming his new movie of the time, "The Last of the Crimson Roses". By fall of that year, we already had a baby girl of our very own, Janis Katherine. Henry was overjoyed and so enamored by his beautiful child. He was a devoted father and I knew I had found true love with him. A little over a year later, I gave birth to another child - this time, a boy named Maximillian Augustin.