𝚂𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝙳𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚂𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚆𝚊𝚢𝚜

Apparently being grounded doesn't apply to family outings.

Too bad.

My parents are taking me and my younger and older sister to this 'show' at a park near a beach.

Did I mention that I hate beaches?

And I hate sand?

And I hate the sun?

And I hate—

Well, I don't hate water since it's necessary—Why is it necessary? Don't ask me.

I kick a small rock mercilessly, watching as it skips down the path before us, hitting the shoe of a tourist harmlessly.

For some reason it made me wish I had a boulder.

Yeah, a large boulder.

But as much as I would love to break a toe and go to the hospital (beats the beach), pain isn't exactly my friend, like a lot of boys try to pretend.

I kick another rock and dig my hands into my pockets, making sure my annoyance is clear on my face.

I don't do the whole poker pretend thing. You wanna know how I feel? The whole story is right here on my face. I'm grounded, but I'm still dragged from the comforts of my home to go to a show with jets zooming through the sky.

Okay, there are also flying motorcycles...which I will admit are cool...but it still isn't worth coming out on this 90-degree heat. I'm not a complainer (in truth, I am), but I think I might die today. My feet are killing me, the merciless sun is trying to burn me up to a crisp until I'm no more than ashes—

And before you call me a dramatic teenager, I'm not.

I'm just taking after my ancestors.

Yes, the same ones who decided our family name should be Andrist...

The floors will go down in history, I'm sure.

Vendors begin to come into view, lining up to feed the hungry population with overpriced food.

My dad leads us over to one with a large lemonade painted on the front and orders us all lemonades.

Why couldn't he have gone to the one with the large ice cream cone painted on the front? They both help against one common enemy.

The sun.

Come to think of it, the sun doesn't do anything to a lemon or lemonade. Unless the ice melting into the drink, thoroughly diluting it counts as anything.

But ice cream!

Ice cream is destroyed in the sun. It's melted and turned into a disgrace!—

Sun

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐄𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐭. 𝐈𝐭 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐄𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐡. 𝐈𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐄𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝟏𝟓𝟎 𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 (𝟗𝟑 𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐬), 𝐚 𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐱𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝟏,𝟑𝟗𝟐,𝟎𝟎𝟎 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 (𝟖𝟔𝟓,𝟎𝟎𝟎 𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐬), 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝟑𝟑𝟓,𝟎𝟎𝟎 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐄𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐡.