𝙲𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚋𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙱𝚊𝚛𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙲𝚊𝚝𝚜?

"So you just 'forgot to mention' that you're a famous singer?"

"And dancer!" Justin pips up.

I glare at him, and his mouth clamps shut.

"I thought you knew," Lucas admits, twisting his hands nervously.

"No, I didn't," I state the obvious.

"You don't recognize me?"

"Nope."

He puts a hand to his chest in mock offense. "Lucas Bryant?"

"Adding a last name isn't gonna help." I stare at him for a long while, trying to place him.

He must not be famous enough.

It's most definitely not because I don't really know any celebrity faces or names.

Not gonna tell him that, though.

"And who are you?" I ask Justin.

"Justin Thyme, official best friend of Lucas Bryant."

A snort-laugh escapes my lips. "And what," I say, holding back my laughter. "You have a brother named 'Just Joe King'?"

He looks at me strangely. "How did you know?" he questions.

My mouth opens slightly. "Lucky guess," I reply with a shrug. Turning back to Lucas, I say, "So how famous are you? Just Miami or...?"

He purses his lips. "Mainly Miami, but I'm sure people know me on the other side of the earth." He looks dead serious as he shrugs uncaringly.

"Sure," I reply sarcastically, rolling my eyes. "So how did this happen? This whole 'becoming a famous celebrity'?"

Justin Thyme—it's still funny—jumps in front of me and says, "He was an overnight sensation!"

"Oh, really? What did he do, make a video of his dog 'singing' with his own voice?"

"Exactly!" Justin continues, throwing his arms up animatedly.

"It was my cat, actually," Lucas interrupts.

"Dude, you don't have a cat," Justin replies, turning to his friend with a confused expression.

"Bro, he barked one time. You don't have to judge him for a single mistake," Lucas answers, rolling his eyes and folding his arms.

"That was not one time!" Justin protests. "He barks whenever you're not watching! He barked at me yesterday!"

Lucas scoffs and looks away.

"That's no cat, Lu!" Justin exclaims, throwing his arms up and waving them animatedly.

"Don't call me that!" Lucas snaps, turning back to his friend.

I put my hands on my knees as the laughter escapes my corked mouth.

Both boys snap their heads toward me, confusion written on their faces.

"Cat, dog, whatever you wanna call it, I feel bad that it has to live with either of you," I say reasonably.

"He's my do—CAT," Lucas states firmly.

Celebrity

𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐩𝐨𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐫 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭.

Celebrity

𝐀 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐚𝐭/𝐝𝐨𝐠 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

People these days.

"Whatever, it doesn't matter," I reply shaking my thoughts away. I turn away and begin walking away from them. I hear quick footsteps behind me and then I hear Lucas calling after me.

"Paris! Where are you going?"

"I'm going to find another famous celebrity to hang out with," I answer without even turning. "Let me know when you guys find your brains."

"I don't need to find my brain," Lucas huffs behind me.

I roll my eyes. "Then let me know when you learn how to use it," I say, continuing down the sidewalk path. But then I see my parents looking around for me, ride tickets in hand.

"On second thought..." I begin, turning around and striding over to the boys. "What do you guys want to do?" I wrap my arms around both of their shoulders and drag them forward. They trip over their own feet and both start stuttering. I don't give them a chance to speak as I pull them with me, far away from my crazy family.

If they can't find me, they can't force me.

"Any more performances?" I question. "Tricks to nearly get us killed? Brain-freezes?" I glance over my shoulder to see my mom glancing around for me, trying to find me in the large crowd.

Good luck with that, Mom.

"Come on," I continue, smiling. "I heard they have another motorcycle show happening in five minutes. We can't miss it!"

"No! We can most definitely miss it!" Lucas exclaims, pulling away from my apparently not-so-strong hold.

I roll my eyes as he keeps his arms to himself, looking down at me with reproach.

"Oh, does someone have a fear of heights?" I question, folding my arms and throwing him a smug grin.

"I don't!" he replies in a high-pitched voice.

"What then, a fear of motorcycles?" I raise an eyebrow.

"No!" he answers quickly.

"Ramps?"

"No!"

"People?"

"OF COURSE NOT!"

"Bananas?"

"What?"

"Stop flirting! I'm hungry!" Justin cries.

We both snap our heads to Justin. "We're not flirting!" we exclaim together. Our heads snap back to each other.

"Dude, you ate right before we met Paris," Lucas points out, his face calming as he stares at his friend with an expectant look.

"Hey, it's Eiffel," I whisper to him, nudging his ribs.

I smirk as his face turns to confusion. "What? Really?" he whisper-questions.

"No, of course not." I roll my eyes.

"It wasn't enough food," Justin protests, folding his arms and turning away.

"You had four extra-large burgers, five extra-large fries, and an extra-large milkshake," Lucas says monotonically.

I blink, my eyes flashing to Justin's long, thin form.

How?

"Did I hear tacos on that list?" Justin asks. "No," he replies to his own question. "I'm getting tacos." Then he turned and walked away dramatically, his legs going far too high with each step.

I look back at Lucas to see him rolling his eyes. "You want a taco?" he asks.

"Sure," I reply. A few eyes stare at our strange group but I ignore them.

I sigh, shaking my head, and follow after him with Lucas close behind.