𝙵𝚊𝚗 𝙱𝚘𝚢𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚊 𝙵𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙵𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚢

Being stuffed in a locker might be something most people avoid, but this is a special occasion—that I definitely did not ask for.

And since it's an emergency—plus, I'm the only one who knows my locker combination—it's a perfect hiding spot.

"He'll never find me now," I say, adding a cackle at the end. I'm still rolling around in my victory and laughing like a mad woman when the darkness is suddenly filled with light and an angel appears.

Oh, wait, it's Collin.

Fantastic.

Hiding

P𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐫 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞

Hiding

𝐑𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

"There you are!" he exclaims. "I've been looking for you like all day. Every time I tried to approach you, you somehow disappear. And when I called after you, you didn't answer. You might want to get your ears checked after school."

"Right after you get your head checked," I murmur.

"Anyways," he continues with a flick of his wrist, failing to notice my comment, "Are you going to the concert on Saturday? You know, the crazy one everyone's talking about."

"Lucas' concert?"

He suddenly comes right up to my face, clamps a hand over my mouth, and then turns around to look at the empty hallway frantically. "Don't say his name so casually!" he hisses.

"Are you like a fan or something?" I question through his hold on my mouth.

"Duh! Who isn't a fan of Lucas Bryant?" He answers, turning back to look at me.

I grab his hand and slowly pull it off my face, lowering it back to his side. "I have one question," I say, patting his hand to make sure it stays in its proper place. "Have you ever seen him before?"

"Well, no," he replies. "I just heard him sing Happy Birthday to the radio station lady person, and then he mentioned a concert so I bought a ticket. I just happen to buy a second one. Do you want to go with—"

"No."

"Why? I didn't even finish—"

"You didn't have to."

I stretch my legs from their cramped position squished against my front and use my bare feet to push Collin back. Once he's far enough away, I jump from the locker and land with my knees bent. Then I fall onto my side with a thump. "Cramp! Cramp, cramp, cramp, cramp, cramp—" I stop when I'm suddenly lifted into the air. I scream and struggle, failing to move my legs to push my carrier away.

"Hey, calm down," Collin murmurs. "People will stare."

I look around. "There is literally no one here—"

"I'm taking you to the nurse's office," he interrupts, setting off down the hall, carrying me like we're a newly wedded couple.

"Put me down right now!" I hiss. I push at the arms holding me, smacking and punching them with all my strength. "You put me down right now or I'm going to call your grandma!"