𝚃𝚊𝚌𝚘𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 A 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚐𝚎

"Okay, you got all of their tacos," Lucas says, staring at his friend's face—which was covered in sour cream, meat grease, and...is that chocolate?

My question is answered when Justin pulls out a half-eaten chocolate bar and takes a large bite from the exposed section.

WHERE DID THAT COME FROM?

I glance between him, his almost finished tacos, and the bar in his hand and sigh. "You didn't even leave one for us," I say, leaning my head against my palm.

"There's still a few!" Justin retorts, holding up a taco with a huge bite taken from the middle. "Here, I'm done. You can have it!"

I roll my eyes and stand up from the picnic table we had found near the vendors and stared down at the boys. "I should probably go find my family," I state with no motivation. I stare off into the distance where the sun is setting in the west.

Wow, I wasted a whole day with brainless one and two. Who would have guessed I would survive?

"I had lots of fun. We should do this again sometime," I say sarcastically, not even looking at them, my eyes focused on finding my family in the dissipating crowd.

"We're so glad!" Justin replies with a smile. I turn back to him, one of my cheeks rising in annoyance.

"Sure," I answer, turning back to the park. I see my family walking in my direction, and I remove my boot from the bench seat.

"Gotta go," I mumble. "Talk to you later or something."

Lucas rose from his seat with a start. If the seat wasn't attached to the table, I'm sure it would have gone flying. "Wait!" he exclaims.

"What is it?" I ask, glancing back at my parents, hoping they don't notice me with the boys.

My mom would probably do a little happy dance that I have 'friends', and my dad would probably do a whole background check.

No joke.

"What do you want?" I question, giving him more attention. I notice he's scratching the back of his head again.

Boys.

I wave my hands, encouraging him to spit out whatever he wants to tell me.

"Can I have your number?" he finally questions, refusing to look me in the eye.

"I don't have a phone," I reply. And with that, I run off to find my family before they find me.

"Hey, sweetie," my mom greets, pulling me into a tight hug.

I squirm in her grip and somehow manage to escape. "Nice to see you too," I reply.

"Where have you been? We couldn't find you to go on the rides with us!" my mom comments.

"Yeah, where were you?" my older sister, Mia, questions, wrapping an arm around my shoulder extra roughly and looking down at me suspiciously.

I roll my eyes at her nosey personality and push her away. "Looking around at the actually happy families coming here of their own will."

My mom's smile fades, and I have to look away from her sorrowful eyes. "We just wanted you to get out," she replies.

"You can't be a hermit your whole life," Mia butts in, frowning down at me.

"And why not?" I question back, matching her stance and getting in her face.

She turns away from me. "You need to be social to survive," she answers with a huff.