xlvi.

Jayen

I felt her gaze on me as I unbuttoned my shirt. I fumbled the last button before sliding it off, I folded it up and placed it on the chair I was just sitting on. I unzipped my pants and placed them on top of the shirt. I was suddenly very felt self conscience, standing in the middle of the bathroom with Alexandra feet from me in my underwear.

“Can you. . .?” I motioned to my bra clasp and she nodded. Her hands were warm and gentle as she unclasped it. I let it fall down my shoulders and onto the floor., covering my chest with my arms. She picked it up and placed it nicely on the chair. I quickly removed my socks and underwear before getting into the bath.

The water was warm and felt welcoming on my sore back and abs from throwing up. The water was tinted purple and smelled wonderful with flakes of lavender floating around. I covered my chest again as Alexandra walked over. She kneeled down on the side without stairs so she was eye level with me. She reached her hand out to gently trace my Mark. She swirled her fingers down the ivy.

“How intricate. . .” she mumbled. “Your Mark is beautiful. . .”

I blushed bright red. “You’ve seen my mark twice now. . .” I looked at Alexandra through the mirror. She flushed a light pink.

“Do you want to see mine?”

“I would, if you’re okay with it,” I said.

She nodded. She unbuttoned her shirt and let it fall down. I looked away as she walked over to sit on the stairs with her back to me. She lifted her hair up to expose a sun carved into the base of her neck. Under it was a moon, it was a waxing crescent. Then there was a wave. The three symbols were along her spine and I reached my hand out. She left out a low hum as I touched the moon in the middle of her back.

“Oh. . . they’re very impressive,” I whispered. I leaned on the side of the bathtub making the water swish as I moved. Water dripped down her back from my hand. She was warm and I could feel the muscles in her back.

“Thank you. . .” she said, her voice barely above a whisper. “But don’t call it beautiful. They’re born of pain and neglect.”