Chapter 6🖤

"Finally it's the beginning of the weekend that's going to change Raven's life" squeaks Kim as we climb down the school steps, hours later. School has just ended.

"Raven" I hear a deep voice calling out my name sounding a lot like Chases causing me to jerk my head backward to look and sure freaking enough Chase is walking slowly behind us staring right at me as he heads our way followed by his best friend Mark.

Kim and Sarah both grabbed my arms making me stay put just as I was about to bolt to the parking lot.

"Damn you sure know how to make me chase you down huh?" He smirked as he finally reached us.

"Ummmm-" I cut off my stupid brain and makes myself just stop talking, I'm not able to form a coherent sentence right now.

"Where y'all girls headed?" He says and smiles holding his backpack with hand one hand over his shoulder.

The silence stretches out around us as no one says a word for a minute and I'm still trying to force my brain to work and not embarrass myself.

"We are headed to do a bit of shopping for your party" Kim finally says saving me from looking dumb as crap.

"We headed to get some party supplies, you know alcohol and whatnot" Mark speaks up sending a smirk to both Kim and Sarah making them both roll their eyes at him.

"What are you wearing tomorrow night Raven?" Chase asks me while taking a step closer making me start to breathe heavily sucking in deep breathes.

"I'm not sure-" I start to say but Sarah cuts me off probably afraid I'll sound stupid again.

"She will be wearing a dress" Sarah informs him while sending me a smile.
"My girl looks sexy as hell in a dress" she winks at me.

Good lord.

"You know my favorite color is blue" he leans over me bringing his mouth dangerously close to my ear and whispers softly.

This time neither of my girls speak up for me instead I feel Kim's boney elbow nailing me right in my ribs causing me to grunt out.

"Umm. Is that you saying you want me to wear blue Chase?" I ask him trying to sound flirty but no doubt I'm not being flirty, I probably sound awkward as shit.

"Yes, Raven. It is" he smirks before walking away, Mark following behind him and leaving me speechless watching him walking away from me yet again.

"Ohhh my goooood" Kim sings beside me grabbing my arm and half dances us to the parking lot.

"He freaking likes you Rav" giggles Sarah as she loops her arm around my other one.

"We are so going to find you the sexiest blue dress we can find" Kim happily shouts before jumping into the driver seat.

Sarah and I both follow in behind her and I'm once again trying to wrap my head around what just went down between Chase and me.

"To the mall," Sarah says and winks at me playfully.

"Guys enough. Chase is probably just being nice come on. No way he likes me y'all both need to calm down" I laugh it off but I'm being serious they are making all this into a bigger deal than it is.

"What the hell Rav" Kim scolds loudly as she starts her car up and looks for a good music station.

"Will you stop that? You put yourself down so much. We both think he likes you. He wouldn't give a shit what you wore to his party if he didn't like you" Sarah adds in her two cents before leaning back and putting her seat belt on.

"We all know him and Macy will get together. They both run in the same circles we don't" I mumble kinda getting annoyed that they both keep ganging up on me.

I mean don't they think I wish it could be? I have had a major thing for the boy for year's and it's embarrassing to even admit that but I wish he would see me as I see him. If he had his pick between Macy and me we all know he will pick Macy so I don't even know why they even want to go out and look for me the perfect dress when all that will happen is Macy and Chase getting together and both my best friends feeling bad for me.

"I didn't see him telling Macy his favorite color-" Kim starts to say but I gently cut her off.

"They probably have each other's phone numbers Kim" I grumble sounding a bit jealous again and hating it.

"Still Rav. He sought you out twice today and I didn't see him going up to Macy. Each time they were together is when Macy went up to him" Sarah

"Let's just not get our hopes up okay? Y'all know I like Chase but just because he talked me to twice today doesn't mean he wants to be with me alright? Now let's just go find us some dresses, and get on with our weekend" I tell them as gently as possible, not wanting to hurt their feelings.

My two best friends know about my crush, they just want me to be happy so they are doing all that they can to make me happy but it's the high school life we live in. The most popular boy in school doesn't get with someone like me I sadly think to myself.