Chapter 2

Shawn

A week has passed since New Year's Eve and the best night of my life on record thus far. I stretch out on my bed as I yawn. It's just after seven in the morning on the Monday that classes start back up. Lyla is in the washroom showering while I try to keep myself awake and convince my body to get out of bed and start to get dressed.

This past week we spent hanging out at my house mostly. I have had a few more practices and two games that Lyla was in the stands for. I can't seem to manage to ever tell her I love her enough times in the day. I am sure I hit a record yesterday when I probably spewed it out for the twentieth time as we climbed into bed last night. Lyla is always quick to smile sweetly back at me and repeat it back.

I sigh as I finally manage to stand up from my bed. I move to my dresser and dig through the drawers trying to find something to wear for the day. I smile as I push some of Lyla's clothing around in the drawer. She has slowly started to leave bits of clothing here over the last few months and I can't help but enjoy rummaging over them when I am getting dressed.

I pull out a pair of jeans and a black sweater then quickly get changed. I hear the water in the shower shut off as I take a seat on the edge of the bed and wait for Lyla. When she walks into my bedroom, she is humming some song to herself with a towel wrapped around her.

"I am impressed you didn't fall back asleep. I thought I was going to have to jump on you when I got back to the room," she teases me as she shoots me a sweet and surprised smile.

"Feel free to still jump on me, please I insist." I wiggle my eyebrows at her and she rolls her eyes and laughs at me. She moves to the dresser and starts to pull out some of her clothes.

When she drops the towel from around her I feel my breath hitch. This girls body will never not have this effect on me. She slides on a pair of dark blue jeans followed by a purple knit sweater that clings to her body. She turns and faces me, an excited smile playing on her lips that I know is for school starting back up. Lyla is one of the few people I know who gets excited for classes to start back up again.

I love seeing her excited though, it radiates from her whole body. It is a welcomed changed from two weeks ago when she was just a shell of herself after the incident with Connor. Each day she has been doing better, impressing me with her strength daily.

We have talked about it a couple more times, I have always allowed her to bring the topic up and listened as she shared what she was feeling and going through. Most of the time I pictured Connor's busted and bloodied nose as I stood above him, it seemed to be a good image to remind myself of when Lyla would retell me what he did to her.

She moves in front of me on the bed and sits onto my lap, her knees resting on the mattress on either side of me. I place my hands onto her hips and slide them around to her ass squeezing it in my hands. She bites down on her lower lip and I can feel myself getting hard at the view.

"We need to go," she tells me, but her tone isn't quite convincing and she doesn't move from her spot on my lap.

I lean my head down and place a kiss on her neck then move my lips up towards her ear and lightly bite and pull down on her ear lobe. She lets out a moan as her lips rest against my cheek, the noise traveling right down to my groin.

"We can be a little late," I whisper into her ear as I move my lips along her cheek until I find her mouth.

She groans before she abruptly stands up off my lap. Damn, I shouldn't have said anything. Reminding her of classes that we would be late for was not a good call by me. When I look up to her she's eyeing me like she's seriously considering climbing back onto my lap, but I watch her self-control win the battle and she moves across the room to grab her phone and backpack.