𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸

Three years, two months later

SURELY, THREE YEARS from now I knew what in the hell I was getting myself into when I sent in my admission paper for a whole four miserable years in school, but now that I was here I kind of, intermediately felt icky about it. I was used to that feeling. Sooner or later in about three hours or so I was certain I'll get over this little mental breakdown.

I pushed myself between the crowded people that had just descended out of their classes and pushed the huge hall doors open. The cold breeze automatically hit my body as I made it outside. I went about my way down the stairs and rubbed my arms in an attempt to warm myself up above the brown coat I placed on this morning.

I was completely over with this day and ready for the weekend. Deep down I knew that weekend wouldn't be of relaxation considering I still had a pile of homework waiting to be completed. At least I get one good thing out of today which was that cheerleading practice was canceled. I signed up for everything eventually.

As I continued to make way to the dorm hall I felt a vibration come from inside my coat. Knowing that it was my phone I pulled it out.

Harley:

Hey, meet me at the lunch hall, right outside our hanging-out area. Need you to meet someone. You are going to love him!

Me:

Gotcha.

I sighed subconsciously over the fact that she wanted to introduce me to somebody new. This wasn't the first time she's done this. Ever since we've been at college she's been out and back introducing me to people all the time. She's the most social bee, and extroverted person I'll never be. We were complete opposites. I've always wondered why our friend group never increased considering she has always been a socializer. But when I thought deeper about it I came to realize I knew her too well to know that she wouldn't want to do that for the sake of our so close relationship to be torn apart by somebody that we might not even know that well. That's how deep she felt about our friendship. I couldn't blame her. I'll do the same.

Once I arrived at the lunch hall I right away caught sight of Harley's back as she laughed at what I assumed somebody said to her. I slowed my pace as I approached her back and finally had a view of who she talking to.

"Avery! There you are! I thought you might not show up!" Harley shouting is something I would never stop getting tired of.

Gosh, I almost felt my ears sting from how loud she was talking.

I smiled small before squinting my eyes at the victim Harley wanted me to meet today. He sat at the lunch table, his fingers laced together on top of the table. He wore a football jersey. I mentally rolled my eyes. Not a damn football player, Harley. But, as I observed him more, he oddly seemed way too familiar to me. I was certain I've met him before.

"Avery this is Finley, Finley this is Avery." she laughed at the pile-up of names.

"Nice to meet you, Avery," he spoke as he observed me. "Hey, I've seen you before!" I knew I wasn't going crazy over how familiar he seemed. But where? Then before I can think it through he shouted the answer to my question. "That one time when you were carrying those pile of books, and you bumped into my cousin! That's where I've seen you before. That was hilarious! It was one of the first times I've seen my cousin so damn amused!" I'm sure my mouth was agape from his many burst of sentences.