𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟶

THE FIRST THING I NOTICED when we arrived was that we were in the middle of nowhere and that there was a worn-down warehouse in front of us with dirtied windows. I was both surprised and not surprised because who would just murder or keep somebody hostage in their own home. That would be too easy to find.

God, that sounded so messed up.

Killing somebody was a big deal. Was he really bound to do this? When he sliced that mans neck many weeks ago I couldn't even fully process it and now this? It was bizarre.

We stayed in the car in silence when Hades cut the ignition.

"You're really going to..." I cut myself off before I can finish my sentence.

"Don't, Avery. We went over this days ago," he argued. He was right. We already had a discussion about this and plus I was here to comfort him not to pick up a fight and stop him from what he was doing even though I wasn't happy about it

I nodded and looked out the window to look out at the blowing trees beside us. Hades took my chin in his hand and turned my face to look at him. His jaw clenched as he looked into my eyes. "Don't leave this car, alright?" he ordered and I nodded, not promising anything.

Somebody knocked on Hades' window making Hades pull back and open it. I noticed it was Levi—Finely's cousin. "She's coming?" he asked after greeting me. He didn't seem that displeased.

Hades answered. "No, she's not." I almost flinched at the tone of his voice. With no other word he left and went to the other side of the warehouse and out of view.

Levi still stood leaning against the driver's seat door as he stared longingly at me. "I can almost see the wheels turning in your head. It might seem kind of fucked up that he is doing all this, but you should understand that he has gone through hell for almost all of his life. I'm sure you know that though. He loves you more than anything. I can see it. He will go hell and beyond for the people he loves including you. I love him like family, and that's why you see me here—helping him. It's hard saying no to the guy. Have you seen how scary he looks?" he jokingly said making me smile. Who would've thought Levi himself held any humor. "All jokes aside, I'm glad you are here. He'll need you after hell breaks loose." he shifted in his spot and then sighed. "It was nice seeing you again, Avery." Then he shut the door and went directly where Hades left to.

I understood where Levi was getting at and I was glad he gave me that talk because even if I had no one to admit it to me I felt like I needed that little push of knowledge. Even if I disagreed about the whole thing—it wasn't like Hades killed for no reason. He only did this because they messed around with his family and him.

I looked around the car and outside the car towards the thick trees for anybody in sight. When I saw no one I stepped out of the car and walked in the direction that Hades and Levi went. The first thing I noticed was the loud faint yells that came from inside then the broken windows like the ones in front. I walked over the tall dead grass until I stood directly in front of the creaked open doors.

I contemplated my decision coming near because I heard the distressed and angry yells from Hades. He sounded completely shattered. Yelling wasn't the single thing I heard. The sound of knuckles hitting skin could be heard. I cringed at the visible sound. I didn't know if I had the visible strength to watch but either way I did.

Hades kneeled in front of the barely conscious body of an old man who wore a black dress shirt suit. If I had to say this man looked way too wealthy for his own good.