𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺

HADES NO LONGER replied to my message which was understandable since I just sent a only straightforward, casual message.

I completely hated myself for even thinking once about it because right now I had more important needs to tend to instead of thinking of a green-eyed boy.

Harley and I met up outside our dorm building dressed in our practicing clothes, then headed off to the huge field where we usually practiced.

"Why were we called in so short notice." one of the girls protested.

"Hello, girls, again I'm sorry for the late notice of this, but we've shortly been told that we lost four dancers, and we needed are other major good dancers to fill in their spots." Coach Lee explained and I rolled my eyes. "As you all know, there will be a football game, Friday, so we need this done by then. Let's go ladies!" With that, she took a sip of her water and led us into our starting positions, row by row.

I knew damn well she was just asking her backup dancers to fill in their spots. We weren't that bad in all honesty. All I worried about now were other necessities. Harley gave me a concerned look as she saw my distressed face and I simply gave her a small smile, trying to convince her I am ok. She sighed and we began our dances.

+++

Drenched in water, all the dancers went to cover beside the bleachers when we were done with today's practice. However, Harley and I instead decided to head back to our dorms.

"You ok?" Harley asked as we reached our dorm hallway.

"I'll live." I pulled my key out from my gym bag and went to open my door, but a voice from the entrance of the hallway pulled out of our conversation.

A running Presley came in our direction. I was shocked by this since I'd never seen him in our hallway. I gave Harley a confused glance and she seemed to look confused as I was.

"Hello, Presley, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Just saw you guys walking this way and I decided to come to say 'hi'." he explained, breathless from the running. I was still confused and thrown off guard from his arrival.

"Um...well hi."

"I'll head inside for a shower, I'll catch up with you later, Avery."

When she stepped inside her dorm I stood awkwardly in front of Presley. His brown eyes continued to look at me even when Harley had spoken and went inside her dorm. I will be lying if I wasn't feeling awkward right now.

"Listen...I've been meaning to ask you if I can take you out some time," he asked seeming too hopeful for my answer.

I would feel extremely rude to reply with a straight no but if I replied with a simple yes then that would be an absolute low for me since I had plenty of things to do and finish. All I wanted was the whole weekend and next week to be over and then I'll finally take a fresh intake of air but now wasn't just the time to go out, and I was positive Presley wanted this "going out" to be more than just a friends day.

"I would love to, but you know, I have a paper due Monday, then I have practices and a game I have to attend on Friday" His face fell and I tried hard not to feel bad so I looked down to my feet then looked back up. "It's just too much going on...I'm sorry."

"No, it's fine, I understand, don't worry," he spoke and I nodded. We stood for a few seconds then he scratched his head, turned, then left.