𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟷

LIVING IN A WORLD where you are willing to surrender yourself to get love and care is something but getting that love without giving yourself can simply be easy—how come we don't get the same struggle as the people having to go through so much to get what they want. It's not fair. You would just live with the guilt.

I walked through the hall and then down the stairs as I finished having a discussion with a classmate from my English lecture about one of the final assignments.

Helping people wasn't my best charm but I was willing to try when she seemed out of her mind and confused while the professor explained everything.

I should have done that since when. It actually felt good to help someone once in a while.
I dug through my arm bag and pulled out my phone, feeling the vibration of a text coming through.

Harley:

Where are you?

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion at the cuteness of her tone. Even through message I can tell when she is upset over something.

Me:

Got caught up with a classmate. What's up?

My confusion grew more when I saw the three bubbles pop up then leave again. She didn't reply.

I contemplated in calling her but decided to just meet her in person instead.

Then my phone rang. And like always as I saw Hades' name on the screen, butterflies filled my stomach in nerves and excitement. It was rare when he called. He didn't really like the phone thing. He preferred face-to-face.

"Hey." I picked up as I walked with the phone to my ear.

"Just finished you're English lecture?" he asked and I raise my eyebrows in surprise at the fact that he is updated to my schedule.

"Yeah."

"I called you about five minutes ago. You didn't pick up." he said.

"Oh. I was helping someone with some work after my lecture." I said and I heard him take in a shallow breath.

"A male?" he questioned and I laughed.

"No...not a male. It was a female." I said, the smile in my face visible in my voice.

"Avery."

"I'm serious. It was a girl. She really needed help," I admitted. "What are you up to?" I questioned, changing the subject.

He hesitated for a moment before answering. "We're trying to get a hold of the tracking system." he said and I decided against asking further questions. I went with the latter.

"Who are you guys tracking?" I paused, looking up at the grey sky. It looked as it was going to rain.

"Lawson Conte," he said, something dark hidden behind his voice. And for some reason I knew it was the right hand. The last person. The person that will free him from the burden of killing his parents.

Before I can answer him and ask further questions Harley came walking—more like power walking as Finely trailed right behind her. Something looked wrong as I had assumed. Did they get in a fight?