𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟿

THE RIDE BACK HOME in Hades' car was way better than the train back home. The scenery was way more relaxing than peaceful. The thick green trees overlooked us with a huge overlook.

Saying our goodbyes to my mom wasn't as bad either considering we were bound to come back in a month for Christmas break but either way it still stung to leave them behind.

The same thing was for Harley and her parents. Also, she mentioned how the meeting with her parents and Finley went and from her words I was positive the interrogation Finley had to deal with was one he could handle.

Harley was too smug about that. Although she was way more interested in how Hades' meeting went with my family.

That's beside the point. What irked me more and bundled up my stomach with nerves is the fact that dad wanted to have a brief talk with Hades before we left. As hard as I tried to get answers from Hades as to what my father said was as infuriating as it can get.

I hated him for a while for that and maybe even when I thought about it.

    Maybe perhaps I already had an idea as to what my dad had possibly said. Maybe along the lines of, "Look, I like you boy, but if you ever go as far as to hurt my daughter or put her in a state of misery for at least a second—you won't hear the end of it because I will kill for my kids." Although I've never had boyfriends I still guessed what he would possibly say.

I could sense the nice bonding between my family and him which brought me to a sense of happiness. It also— for a minute saddened me due to the fact I won't ever get to meet his parents.

I knew that if they did still exist I would absolutely adore them as I know he does towards my family.

    "Hades?" I whispered as I laid my head against the chair head. He turned once to look at me and then he nodded once. "I'm hungry." As if on cue my stomach grumbled and he smirked before he checked for a nearby restaurant.

When we arrived at a simple-looking burger spot I particularly almost jumped off the car. Hades held my hand in his and then opened the door for me.

Right away a pretty-looking girl came to attend to us and asked for our food although she barely glanced at me. Her whole attention was on Hades. Hades paid her no mind.

"Avery?" Hades called in question waiting for my order. The brunette finally glanced at me and gave me a fake smile that didn't even look like a smile if she tried. It looked more like a grimace.

    "I'll have two and a water, please," I ordered without even looking at her anymore.

    "Anything else?" The girl twinkled her eyes as she looked at Hades teasingly almost as she was flirting. Does this girl have any filter? "I'll get you anything." That's it! Who the fuck does she think she is?

Hades noticed the raging look on my face and he smiled, softly. "Excuse me. He'll take two as well and water. Thank you." I raised my voice so that it was visible that I'm pissed. With a huff she wrote the order down, turned around, and walked away. Hades looked to be containing a laugh. "What?" I spat.

He clenched his jaw at the snap but composed quickly as he averted his eyes to mine in a hypnotizing gaze. "You're jealous, love," he stated the obvious and I shrugged not even bothering to hide it. Why should I?

"It's a normal feeling," I stated and his smirk depended before shrinking back. His eyes looked at me desiring but he seemed he didn't really want to show it cause he looked away and then back at me again as if trying to compose himself.

I grinned, feeling smug about myself.

+++

Finally, 2 hours and a half later we arrived to Seattle. The forecast was rainy which was isn't much of a surprise.