Chapter 15

Amora's Pov

I groan and roll on to my side, the sunlight causing my eyes flutter open, I sit up and grasp at my forehead.

Thank God I didn't die.

I move my legs off the bed and onto the floor, I try to stand up and groan out in pain.

my hand moves to my stomach and feel over the wrap, I slightly pull it down and check on my work.

My cut is not leaking out blood, I let out a sigh of relief.

I hold myself up using the night stand to my right. I walk past my bed stoping to pick up my jacket.

I sniff it, it smells like soap, I feel the soft fabric, someone washed it, when did they have time to do this?
The more I walk the less it hurts.

I walk out of my room and past the other rooms seeing no one, I follow the noise of people arguing, It leads me to the living room, Where everyone stands arguing around marks sleeping form.

I take a step into the room and everyone's attention turns to me, they all look away with nervous and guilty faces.
"...hi guys." I awkwardly say interrupting the conversations and move to stand next to Emi.
She wraps her arm around me.
I look around the room for Allister.
Where is he?
I lean over to Emi  "Where is Allister?"
She looks to the floor
Why is everyone acting strange
I look to Dante's angry face as he stands with his arms crossed
"Don't get quiet now guys, tell her where he is!" He says aggressively
He looks around and waits for someone to speak up, but no one does.
"Fine, I'll do it. Allister and Gabriel still haven't came back, and they won't let me go after them alone." He says in a bitter tone
"If you go alone you won't come back!" Jenny yells at him and everyone in the room begins to talk over one another in discussion.

"What time is it?" I quietly ask
"It's 8."Maria tells me
"EIGHT O'CLOCK?!"
Allister should have been back by now, he said 4 hours- it's been 8.
"Dante we have to go get him, I'll go with you." I tell him and turn to grab some items from Allisters open bag filled with medicine.
I take a seat and remove my old wrap and replace it with a clean one.
"You can't go with me Amora." He tells me.

I clench my jaw in irritation and ignore him.
I walk over to where Mabel is standing.
"Do you by chance have another car I can use?" I ask her.
"We have a truck out back, you can drive it through the gate." She reaches into a drawer under the counter and hands me a small key attached to a keychain with a large peach on it.
"Thank you." I say.
I walk over to the back door and pick up a shot gun and some rounds that sit on the table.

"I'm gonna need to borrow these too." I say and exit the back door.
I walk over to the truck covered with a tarp.
I carefully yank it off the truck trying not to injure myself even more.
I hear footsteps behind me
"Allister is gonna kill me if he finds out I let you come with me." Dante says trying to hold the truck door shut.
"If we don't go get him now, it won't matter what he thinks because he will be dead, so get your ass in the truck." I push his arm aside and hop in the truck.
He stands stunned before, hopping in the bed of the truck. He slaps the roof of the truck twice to let me now I can go. I reverse the truck out into the yard and turn it around so we can drive it through the gate.
I stop the car and yell out the window,
"Dante, unhook the gate please."
He hood out and unhooks the gate, Then climbs back in.
I go to move the truck forward when a body throws itself in front of the hood not allowing me to go.
"I'm coming with you." Emi says as she moves around to the passenger side and I take notice of the large shovel she holds.
"I need to come and supervise you, you're too breakable these days." She jokes and she pats my thigh
"Alright,let's go."

We get to the town center and drive around as carefully as we can trying to figure out where Allister and the guys could be.

"There stop!" Emi points out at Dante's truck that's parked outside of the community center building.
I turn to the left and park the car behind a trash can a couple building down.
I grab my rifle and place extra rounds inside my jacket.
We quietly exit the car and walk over to Dante's truck. Empty
I walk around and find the back door to the community center
Emi and Dante follow behind me and we stop right in front of the back door.
We are stunned when the door automatically opens.
I look back at them to see if we should keep going and they nod at me. Dante moves infront of me and takes the lead. The hall is pitch black, the light from the outside seeps in giving visibility.
We all walk in side and flinch when the door slams shut behind us.
I run back to the door and pull at it, it won't open.
TO FUCKING HELL WITH DOORS!
This happens every fucking time.
I groan and look back to Dante and Emi.
"The door won't open." I whisper to them
"We need to find another way out." Dante whispers back.
Dante pulls out a lighter from his pocket and uses it to illuminate the dark hall.
We stop at a small picture frame hanging on the wall.
It's the floor map.
We all take turns reading it, there are 2 levels, a stairway, and a door in the front of the building.
"We can hopefully get out through the front door." Dante uses his finger to demonstrate the twists and turn to get there.
He pulls a pocket knife out of his pants and uses it to pry the frame off the wall. He gently pulls the map out trying not to rip it and folds it in his pocket.
We continue moving and pass by a room that looks like a lounge. I see a microwave, a bean bag chair, and a broken refrigerator.