Chapter 25

Amora's pov
The next morning after I had woke, I spent most of the day in bed avoiding Allister and my parents.
When he came in, to check on me in the morning, I had pretended to be asleep, as to not face him.
But eventually my mind shifted from him to the big decision I needed to make.
After much thought I decided,
I would help.
Even though I really didn't want to help just to spite my parents, It's not about the hate I have for my parents, or the feelings I have about being a Guinea pig,
but about trying to help others.

God, I sound like mother Teresa. Fuck!
After lounging around all day,
I make me way down the stairs, I pass by the exit and stair out the door, I can see Alister running laps with Dante.
I haven't spoken to him since yesterday.
Their commanding officer told Them that they would be required to sleep with the other soldiers, or at least that's what Jen told me this morning before she left to go help some sick patients.
I turn away and walk past their rooms.
I walk into the cafeteria and grab a drink and a packet of what I believe is mre chili?
I take a seat at an empty table and I open the packet and sniff it, definitely chili.
I dig in and fall back into my thoughts.
It couldn't possibly be awkward between me and Allister.
I have nothing to be ashamed about, parents fight with their kids all the time, right?
Well, I don't think they fight like us, and I don't usually think their boyfriend is there to witness it.
I palm my face and give an annoyed grunt.
Is he even my boyfriend, cause honestly with all that has happened, it might just be a trauma bond.
Sigh and scoop out another bite.
No- no, I can't think that, he cares about me.
He wasn't weirded out when I told him the whole story, so I doubt that can shake him.
"Ughhhhh!" I through my spoon back into the packet.

" having a rough meal?"
I look up, and find the face of stranger
He sits down in-front of me and my mouth is still left agape.
This is humiliating.
He's about 2 inches taller than me, and his black hair is gelled back. He has brown eyes and his skin is a bright orange undertone.
"Sorry, I didn't realize my out burst was that loud." I press my lips together in embarrassment.
He rips open his MRE and that's when I realize the uniform he has on.
He's a soldier.
" is this problem your thinking about, what got you eating alone?" He scoops a spoon into his mouth.
"Ha , no , we'll maybe..." I breathe out.
"Well run it by me, maybe I can help you out."
"No, it's fine- well, if you had like someone you care about witness an embarrassing argument between you and your family, do you think they would be like weirded out by it?" I awkwardly look away
His brows furrow before taking another bite. He chews while crafting his answer.
"I don't think They would be weirded out, I mean everyone has family issues." He answer with food still in his mouth.
"Mmm." I nod my head taking in his answer
"Who is this person you care about, a friend?"
"My...boyfriend."
He looks at me surprised then rolls his eyes, as a smile begins to form
"Ha ha really funny, you don't have a boyfriend."
He says cockily
"Yes I do." I say confused, why would I lie?
"You don't have to play hard to get, if you want me just say that." He places his hands under his chin
"I don't want you." I say repulsed
How did this conversation go from 0 to 10
"Okay then why are you here talking to me?"
"You sat down infront of me, and like I said, I have a boyfriend." I raise my eyebrow and slightly lean my head to the side.
" oh really, where is he then?" He leans back and crosses his arms
"He's right here."
I look up to see Alister standing behind the man.
"Major Allister, I'm sorry- I didn't know." His eyes shift from Allister to me, he moves a quick "shit." He picks up his things.
" I'm sorry, really." He turns to me before running off.
Allister slamms his MRE on the table and sits with a big thump.
The tension between us seems to only grow.
I meekly take a bite of my food and swallow with a gulp
"So I was-"
" I was looking for you." He tears open his packet and looks me straight in my eyes.
On habit I look away.
"I was hungry so I came down-"
"Why didn't you tell anyone?"
He cuts me off again, I take a deep breath
"Well, Jen wasn't in the room so I didn't thin-"
"So instead of you telling someone, I had to find you down here eating with some guy?"
"I wasn't eating with him, he came up to me."
"And you just started chatting with him?"
"What? I can't talk to people now?"
Our voices start to get louder.
"I didn't know you were talking to people now considering you ignored me this morning."
He leans forward bringing his face closer to mine.
"I didn't ignore you... I was sleeping." I look away
"I could tell by your breathing that you were awake."
" well, I didn't think it was the right time to talk."
"And why the hell would you think that?"
"Because it just wasn't."
"Why?" He gets closer and our argument turn into whisper yelling.
"Because it would have been awkward for me-"
I look around and realize that people near by us are starting to stare.
I use my hands to shield my face
"You know what, I don't have to time to be arguing with you." I stand up and snatch my empty food of the table.
"Oh really?" He stands as well
"Yes." I turn to my left and dispose of my trash.
I begin to walk away from him
"Where are you going? We aren't finished talking."
"I'm going to go save the fucking human race" I wave my middle finger back at him as I walk away. (Imagine she's saying this in like an ironic comical way)

Hey guys I want to thank you guys for all the support and reads,
I also have a tik tok dedicated solely to my books💖💖💖
It is @ cara.salvatore if you want to check it out ;)