The job pt 2

(Guren's POV)

Rapid knocking was heard on my door. Lazily laying back on my black swivel chair, facing away from the desk, I realized it was probably Yuu waiting for his next mission. "Come in", I stated. The door opened instantly, revealing my son; Yuu. He was wearing his favorite coat, the ebony one with emerald buttons. The ebony matched his raven-like hair, sticking up around his head in a messy manner. However it suited him well. The buttons complimented his eyes, they were both the same shade of dark emerald, that glinted in the moonlight coming through a slight crack between the heavy, velvet curtains. 

Snapping out of my thoughts, I stared seriously at his face and started to speak. "Yuu, you're next target is a blonde male with blue eyes named Mikaela Shindo", I started. "However. I don't want a direct kill." Before he could open his mouth to speak, I spoke again. "I want you to go on 3 dates with him and get to know him better." He stared blankly at my face, comprehending what I had just said to him for what seemed like an eternity, jaw hanging open until he whispered in a dazed tone.

"A... d-date...?"

"yes."

"Wh...why do I needa get to know him better?"

"He's a smart one. If you try to kill him the second he sees you, you won't succeed."

"I-... I see", he stammered

However, it was not normal for him to be nervous, seeing as this was not his first time at not directly assassinating the target, but getting to know them better, then assassinating them. I was unsure whether he would be capable of doing it, especially as it was his first time going on a date with another man. 

"Well Yuu, if you can't do it-"

"No. I'll do it." He interrupted quickly, causing me to break into a small smile.

"I knew you could do it", I stated proudly, rising from my chair and placing my hands warmly on both his shoulders and squeezing them slightly.

Yuu turned swiftly, about to walk out the door when I called out to him.

"Yuu!"

He paused and turned back to stare at me once more.

"Your first date is tomorrow, 7 pm sharp at *whatever fancy restaurant name*. I booked you and your target a private room so you 2 could talk privately. Remember to be there on time, look nice, and engage in the conversation."

"Kay", he stated and walked out the door before shutting it swiftly behind him.