Shinoa

(Yuu's POV)

The next day after Mika left, Guren called to tell me to get my lazy ass to HQ and report how well my first date with Mika went. I grumbled tiredly but agreed to be there in 15 minutes. 

Upon my arrival at HQ, I was greeted yet again by the same cheeky purple-haired girl; Shinoa. Groaning agitatedly as I watched the bundle of purple hurling towards me at the speed of light, a visible smirk coming into view as she got closer. 

"YUU-SANNNNNNNN!!!!" 

I groaned again, knowing that Shinoa had probably heard from stupid Guren about my new mission, and was intrigued to know the 'deets' about our first date. Wanting to quickly escape from her grasp, I started to walk down the hospital-like corridors, towards Guren's office. The whole time I walked, however, an annoying pest kept throwing questions at me like a hurricane, threatening me to answer her before she did something to me that I would regret. I immediately agreed, silently cursing under my breath in hopes that she would not ask the one question I was dreading hearing most (which I knew she was still going to ask anyway, whether I liked it or not). I only decided to comply because of previous experiences which made me understand why many did not approach the purplenette. She was a monster ready to unleash itself inside a lovely lady's zip-up suit.   

I sighed, answering her questions reluctantly until we got to the worst.

(Shinoa's POV)

I had known Yuu-san since we were kids after Guren had introduced us to each other. He was like my older brother; my best friend, the one who knew me the most. Many people mistake us for lovers; which we both have grown tired of hearing. It seemed to especially annoy Yuu-san, as he would always click his tongue at the person who said that and walk away, leaving me in the dust with the stranger. I guess I used to have a small crush on him, so I didn't mind whenever someone said that. Well- that was until I met her, Mitsuba. We started dating only a few months before, and I've felt like the happiest woman ever since. She's my angel in this world, the one who makes my heart flutter every time I see her. Yuu-san is the only one who knows about my relationship with Mitsuba, that's why I always use my love for Mitsuba to describe how one would feel when in love. 

Up until now, Yuu-san has never been in a relationship before, nor ever had a crush on anyone. He's cold and distant with everyone other than those close to him including me and Guren. Probably only me and Guren. As his best friend, I've always wanted him to experience love and to be happy in this dark world. Being with Mitsu was the only thing keeping me sane with this psychotic job of mine. As soon as I'm old enough, I'll leave the company and live with Mitsu in a small apartment, find a new job, and live the happy life that I've always wished for but never had.

I was patiently waiting for Yuu-san to fall in love, as I knew the time feels right for each person respectively. By now, I had already basically learned all of his different moods and actions, which gave me an advantage whenever I wanted to tease him. It also gave me the advantage to know whether he had gained a love interest or not. 

I asked him millions of questions about his date, asking him if he was hot or not and whatever. 

My excitement bubbled up inside me, as I saw Yuu-san do a face he only ever does when he sees cute things like puppies. His round cheeks and tips of ears slightly turned a light pink hue as he spoke about his date; Mikaela, or as Yuu-san called him: Mika. 

As I asked Yuu-san what this 'Mika' looks like, my jaw dropped to the floor.

"He's beautiful. His blonde locks look so light and fluffy like cotton candy, and his sapphire eyes are so captivating-"

I stared in shock at my cold, distant best friend, as he cursed loudly in the middle of the corridor, attracting several pairs of eyes from those walking the halls with us. 

"Shit. I didn't me-"

"Yuu-san."

"I really di-"

"YUU-SAN."

I screamed, causing more pairs of eyes to stare disapprovingly at us. I mumbled an apology at those who could hear and continued to talk to Yuu-san.

"Are you in love?"

(Yuu's POV)

The second I heard Shinoa ask those 4 words I stopped abruptly. It was almost as if you could see the gears turning in my head as I processed them.

"No. It's forbidden."

I said, without another word, and walked quickly away from Shinoa towards Guren's office in an attempt to hide the tears starting to form a glossy layer over my eye.

A/N Hey guysss,, thanks for reading! Decided to write quite a long chapter today. Also note that I will be changing the first kiss scene to AFTER the 2nd date...so sorry about the inconvenience!