Chapter 5

The next day Y/N went to Mr. Minatozaki's office to talk about the meeting that took place yesterday

"Oh, Y/N-ah. Come in." He smiled and gestured to the seat in front of him. "What brings you here?"

"I just wanted to talk about the meeting yesterday. I just don't understand why you chose me. I'm not even someone that important in this company yet you're giving me an important task." He needs someone that he can trust with this and it seems like he trusts Y/N.

"You are important, Y/N-ah. You've been working for me for 11 years now and never once have I seen you do anything wrong. That's why I made you a manager at a young age despite you not having a college degree. Many people thought I was crazy when I made you the manager but now seeing how well you're doing, they understand. I even get praised for seeing the potential in you at an early stage. I trust you more than you trust yourself. Over the years you've become someone to me that's my right hand. You're not even my assistant yet sometimes I feel like when I'm in trouble you're the only one that can help me." 

"It's always my pleasure to work for you, sir."

"You're not just doing this for the money and that's why I like you so much. You're one of a kind and that's why I chose you. If you do well on this investment, I'm going to promote you. You deserve a higher position in this company." Y/N raised her eyebrows hearing that. In her opinion, she already has a quite high position. I mean she's the sales manager after all. If she gets promoted then that'll mean she'll become quite important in the company and that only with a high school degree. 

"Thank you, sir."

"I even see you as my own daughter at times." He laughed to which Y/N nodded. "I just wish Sana was more like you." He sighed. "That's why I paired you two up. I want her to learn from you. I want her to be an independent, smart woman just like you. I'm well aware that you two don't like each other and I'm sure you're going to disagree a lot in the beginning. But I think you two will get along in the long run. And I have faith that you will put something great out there."

"I don't really have a problem with her but for whatever reason it seems like she has. She never really liked me." Y/N informed.

"I know. She threw a huge tantrum last night because of this. She really doesn't want to work with you but she has no other choice. The only way she can gain a position in this company is if she does as I say." Sana is very undisciplined and that's why he's being harsh on her. He wants her to succeed and work hard, but right now it seems like Sana doesn't care about these things at all. The man has only one daughter, if something happens to him, the company will end up in Sana's hands and that's what worries him. Sana will not be able to run this company as the CEO. She will only ruin it. That's the main reason why she needs to learn everything as soon as possible.

"Oh I'm sorry, I'll turn it off." Y/N apologized when her phone started ringing.

"No worries. You can pick up, it might be important." He guessed but Y/N turned it off. She's with her boss right now, it'll be rude to pick up. She'll call Jihyo later on. However about 5 seconds later her phone started ringing again.

"Just pick it up, Y/N. Is it your wife?"

"Yeah." Y/N nodded.

"It might be important, pick up." He repeated and Y/N did as she was told.

"Y/N?"

"Yes, Jihyo-yah?"

"I just got a call from Yewon's school. Apparently she got into a fight." Jihyo informed with worry in her voice.

"Wait, what? She got into a fight?" Y/N shifted in her seat and hearing her say that made the CEO look at her as well.

"Yeah, they asked us to go there but I really can't go. I'm in the middle of an interview, can you please go there?"