Chapter 25

Five days have passed since Y/N and Jihyo had an argument and it is evident that Y/N is hurt by Jihyo's actions. Jihyo didn't even try to say sorry or talk about it. She just acts as if the argument didn't even happen. Truth is Jihyo just doesn't know what to do right now. Y/N has never gotten mad at her before. Even if she did, after an hour Y/N would come back and say sorry herself for being mad. But now it's different. It doesn't look like Y/N will say sorry herself and it definitely doesn't look like Y/N is over it.

Jihyo is not good at apologising or talking about feelings so she's the type to ignore anything that is emotionally related. But the fact that Y/N is ignoring her right now, is hurting her. She doesn't want her marriage to go downhill because they don't agree on some things. 

Today Y/N went to visit her mother because she hasn't in a few days. The woman is old and her health isn't the best so it's necessary to keep a close eye on her. Luckily her uncle and Chaeyoung live with her so they can keep an even closer eye on her even though Chaeyoung is probably not really doing that.

"Sit down and eat some fried chicken." Her mother placed the food on the table.

"I was craving fried chicken since yesterday."

"You're always craving fried chicken. It's one thing that hasn't changed ever since you were a kid. You would always ask your dad to bring you to eat it." Her mother remembered.

"And he always would even though we barely had any money." Y/N sadly commented. Her father was a really good man and he and Y/N were really close unfortunately they lost him when they were very young. Now he's just a precious memory.

"That's how much he loved you. He loved all three of you but you were different to him. His bound with you was extra ordinary "

"It's sad that I don't even remember most of it. I barely even remember his face." Sometimes his face is blurry when she remembers him and it bothers her a lot that she can't remember his face clearly.

"That's normal. You were very young when he passed away. Don't feel bad about it and eat your chicken." Y/N smiled weakly before digging into her food.

"Y/N-ah?"

"Hmm?" Y/N asked as she was eating.

"Is something wrong? You know you can tell me anything right?" 

"What could be wrong?" 

"Something in your marriage maybe? You've been off for a while now and Jihyo also seemed different when she came by to pick up Yunseo yesterday. Just tell me what's going on." Mrs. Lee demanded. "I'm worried about you two."

"There's nothing to worry about. We've just been disagreeing on some parenting stuff and it has caused tension between us. I'm sure it'll be over soon." 

"It looks more then just tension." The woman raised her eyebrows. "You both look sad. I don't know what it is, but talk about it and fix things. I hate to see you two like this and if this doesn't get fixed now it could become worse."

"You never told me that being a mother and wife was this hard."

"Believe me I always told you when you were a teenager but you barely listened because you couldn't understand it. Nothing is harder than being a mother and a wife at the same time. Maintaining a marriage asks for a lot of patience, communication and most importantly love. Now I know that the two of you are madly in love so that's something I won't even question. I think the problem here is communication. You're both bad at communicating and I think you're finally experiencing the consequences of that." The woman knows both of them well. Y/N is the type to keep quiet even when she doesn't agree with something while Jihyo is very outspoken. She speaks her mind on everything and won't really accept any other opinions.