Chapter 31

A week has passed and Yewon is still being distant to Jihyo. Jihyo tried talking to her but Yewon is barely saying anything. It's obvious something is going on, but Jihyo doesn't know what.

When Jihyo finished work she went immediately home. When she arrived the kids were already sleeping while Y/N was reading a book in her bed.

"Oh you came. Did you have to overwork today?" Y/N asked.

"Yeah, it's pretty hectic with the current political situation."

"I get that." Y/N smiled weakly.

"Let me get cleaned up and change and then I'll join you."

"Alright. I'm waiting." The older woman stated and about 20 minutes later Jihyo joined her in bed.

"I'm so fucking tired." Jihyo sighed as she laid her head on Y/N's shoulder.

"You're really overworking yourself."

"I know but I worked so hard to get promoted, I can't let it go to waste. Remember how you were when you first got promoted? I barely saw your face." Jihyo reminded her.

"I know, I know. I was working 24/7 but we didn't have the kids back then yet. So it was still a bit easier for me then it's for you. "

"That might be true. They assigned me to another business trip for next week."

"Already? But you went for one last week." Y/N furrowed her eyebrows.

"I know but like I said the political situation really requires for everyone at the company to work hard."

"Where will you be going and for how long?"

"I'll be going to France for five days." The younger woman informed.

"Did you talk to your boss about these business trips?" Jihyo said she'll ask to go on less trips but in contrary she's going on more.

"I haven't yet. He's really busy but I will once I get the chance to."

"Alright." Y/N just nodded.

"I wish we could go together. I know how you've always wanted to visit France."

"We still can during our breaks."

"I love you." Jihyo stated out of nowhere looking at Y/N.

"That was very sudden." Jihyo is not someone who says that too often.

"I just wanted to say it. You're always so understanding and I love you for it."

"I love you too Jihyo-ssi." Y/N kissed the top of Jihyo's head.

----------------------------

"Kids, your mom's going on a business trip tomorrow so I'll be the one to pick you up from school." Y/N informed while they were having dinner.

"Business trip again?" Yewon furrowed her eyebrows. "Why are you the one to go on these trips all the time, don't they have other employees?"

"They do but I'm in a department where I'm required to go." Jihyo explained.

"You didn't use to go this much."

"I know it's because there's a lot of work now. I promise I'll go less from now on."

"I'm honestly getting sick of you promising that. You've been saying the same thing for a while now yet you're going more often instead of less." Yewon stated in a mad tone.

"Yewon-ah, don't raise your voice." Y/N warned.

"What? It's true. She's never around anymore!"

"It's because she's working."