Chapter 33

After Y/N's mom left, she waited until Jihyo came home. Around 1am she finally did. When Jihyo entered the apartment, she didn't expect her wife to be waiting for her sitting on the couch.

"Oh you're not sleeping?"

"I couldn't fall asleep." Y/N answered. "Where have you been?"

"I had to overwork today. It's really busy at the company." Jihyo sat down next to her.

"Until 1am?" Y/N raised her eyebrows.

"Yeah, I'm sorry I didn't inform you about it." Y/N is kind of getting sick of Jihyo apologising all the time because nothing changes.

"I missed you though." Jihyo smiled and kissed her wive's lips. Y/N can tell by the smell of alcohol that her mother was right. Jihyo was out drinking.

Jihyo deepened the kiss and slid her tongue inside Y/N's mouth exploring it thoroughly. She got on Y/N's lap and wrapped her arms around Y/N's neck. However Y/N wasn't having it. Every time Jihyo comes home late and Y/N starts questioning her about it, Jihyo does this in order to make her shut up.

"Something wrong?" Jihyo asked when Y/N suddenly pulled away and pushed her lightly off of her lap.

"Did you drink? You smell like alcohol."

"Oh I had a beer with Jeongyeon at work."

"You drink at work?" Y/N repeated with raised eyebrows.

"Yeah, it got late and we got tired so we had a beer. No big deal."

"You've been coming home almost every night smelling to alcohol. You have a beer every day at work?" Y/N normally wouldn't ask this. She would just ignore it and move on however her mother gave her the courage to do so.

"You know I like to drink. I also drink at home. What are you bothered about?"

"Nothing, nothing. You're right you drink at home as well." And suddenly an awkward silence followed afterwards. 

"Did you talk to your boss about these trips?" Y/N asked after a while.

"I did but he didn't really react positively."

"What did he say?" The older woman asked.

"Apparently there aren't enough employees to go on these trips and the position that I'm in really requires me to go. He said that I'll have to deal with it for another year and then maybe after that they could lessen it."

"But they lessened Jeongyeon's why can't they lessen yours?"

"Because Jeongyeon has been longer in that department than I have. I'm still considered a rookie in my department so I have to prove myself." Jihyo stated.

"It's been five years since you got promoted. How come they're still treating you like a rookie?"

"Why are you asking stupid questions? It's because of that scandal of course. Everything is way harder for me than it is for a regular employee because I got into a scandal once."

"It's not a stupid question. I just don't get why your boss makes you work this much."

"Well not everyone has a nice boss like yours. Your boss literally loves you while mine doesn't. You got lucky with it and I didn't. That's just the harsh truth." Jihyo stood up obviously annoyed and went to the bedroom. This is partially the reason why Y/N doesn't really say anything. It's because Jihyo always gets mad and leaves without ending their conversation. 

The next day Y/N had a day off so she decided to do some of the laundry. She also prepared some food so the kids can eat when they return from school. Before she knew it, it was almost time for Y/N to pick up the kids. She got ready and went to the school. She picked her kids up and drove back home.