Chapter 24

Five days have passed and Y/N has been looking for Seulgi non stop in these five days. Irene wasn't lying when she said that it was really hard because both Y/N and Tzuyu haven't found anything yet. It's like Kang Seulgi never existed in the first place. The last information they could find about her was when she was 18, which was thirteen years ago right before she ran away. After that there's nothing to be found. Y/N is convinced that the girl has changed her identity completely including her name. This will make it only harder for them to find her.

So Y/N started to reach out to some of Seulgi's high school friends. She met most of them so it wasn't that hard to find them. However none of them have seen Seulgi in the last 13 years and no one knows what she has been up to since then. There's one person that Y/N couldn't reach and that's Joy, Seulgi's best friend back in high school. Y/N called her multiple times and Joy picked up the first time. When asked about Seulgi she immediately said that she can't talk about it and hung up. Y/N is sure that Joy knows a little bit more than the rest of them.

Since Joy couldn't be reached by phone or internet, Y/N asked Tzuyu to look for her adress. Luckily Tzuyu found it quite fast and Y/N is now in front of Joy's house. She's really nervous because she hasn't seen Joy in 13 years either. Y/N got along with her well and she supported her relationship with Seulgi to the fullest. Y/N took a deep breath and managed to ring the doorbell.

"Lee Y/N?" Joy stood in complete shock when she saw Y/N in front of her house. 

"Hey, Joy-ssi. Can we talk?"

"Come in." Joy widened the door for her to enter after contemplating wether or not to let her in. Y/N is very glad that she didn't tell her to go away.

"Kids! Be quiet! I have a guest!" Joy yelled to what Y/N assumes are her kids who were playing upstairs.

"You have kids?" Y/N questioned.

"Yeah, three of them. They can be very loud so sorry in advance."

"It's okay. I'm sorry for coming so suddenly but you kept rejecting my calls so I had no other choice." 

"Let's sit down." Joy gestured to the kitchen table. "I was already expecting you actually. Why are you looking for Seulgi?"

"It's actually not me who's looking for her. It's Irene."

"Irene? Why is Irene looking for her?" Joy furrowed her eyebrows. Irene made Seulgi's life very difficult so it doesn't make any sense.

"Let's just say that she wants to apologise for everything she did. And she's hoping that maybe they can start from 0 and be good sisters just like before." Y/N had to lie here a bit in order for Joy to help her out. If Joy knows the real reason why Irene is looking for her then she'll be of no help.

"And you're helping her because?" 

"I still have a lot of questions on why she left. She left me out of nowhere and didn't even break up with me. Believe it or not but it hurt a lot and yes I have moved on and all but if I do find her I would want to know why she did that." 

"Mom! Noona hit me in the face!" A little boy who's probably around the age of 10 came to his mother.

"Can you please behave a little bit right now? I have a guest, I'll deal with your noona later on." And with that the little boy just went to the living room to watch tv.

"I'm sorry, it's always like this with kids."

"It's okay, I have kids myself I know what it's like."

"Wait, you have kids?" Joy raised her eyebrows.

"Yeah two kids. A five year old daughter and two year old son."

"Damn, I never expected for Lee Y/N to turn out this way." Joy smiled, happy for her. "So you're married?"