XII. TRY NOT TO GASP

c h a p t e r 12

VANCE.

SLOWLY, I turned my body towards his direction as I carefully fixed my posture. When I finally stood up, I met his eyes.

He plastered a devilish grin on his face. The man didn't lose an eye contact with me. I'm not sure if he had seen Jade as she asked me. I hope he didn't.

He then, walked towards my direction and in my defense, I stepped back to the hallway.

The man smirked even more, teasingly and provoking.

I tried to hold my breath the moment he tightened his grip on his gun, but in split of seconds, an explosive shuriken landed on his forehead. The next thing I knew, human flesh and blood were spattered all over my face and vest.

Hindi agad ako nakakilos matapos ang pagsabog ng katawan ng lalaking na sa harap ko. Saka lang ako nakagalaw mula sa kinatatayuan ko nang biglang may umimik sa likuran ko.

"Head shot, and second kill," saad ng boses at agad ko itong nakilala.

Nang nilingon ko siya ay naabutan kong nag-aayos siya nang pagtayo.

"Do not, ever, do that again Colt," I said to her as I wiped off the spattered blood on my cheeks.

"Saying thank you is a basic courtesy, Arden. Come on! Acquiring some doesn't requires you to attend seminars!" she said with the same tone of mine, as how I said it to her few days ago.

"Are you mocking me?" my forehead creased as I raised my voice.

"Isn't it obvious?" she chortled.

"You know what, Colt?" I formed my lips into thin line, trying to hold on to the last string of patience I have. "I'm trying my best to be cool with you." I then, looked away and sighed hard.

"Could you stop that? Your childish attitude towards me? It doesn't makes you cool," I furiously added and grab the broken laptop on the ground.

Imbis na bulyaw o pagtataray, nakatanggap ako ng dalawang tapik sa balikat mula kay Colt. Napahinto ako sa kinatatayuan ko.

"Ingat ka sa lamok ha?" panimula niya at napalingon ako sa gawi dahil sa narinig.

"Mahirap pa naman makahanap ng blood donor para sa OA positive ang blood type." binigyan niya ako ng isang malawak na ngiti saka kumindat.

Bahagya akong napaatras sa ginawa niya. Is she trying to hit on me?

The fudge, Colt, seriously? Of all places and time? Why right now?

And frankly, I don't really like how she threaten me with her good smile.

You prick, what were you thinking?

"Double-o-one and Nine-two-five! What happened?" Ryde approached towards our place.

Nakita ko ang magkapatid at si Verity na nakatayo sa likod ni Ryde. Agad namang dumapo ang mga tingin nila sa hawak kong laptop.

Umabante si Jake at Verity sa loob ng pasilyo na kinatatayuan namin. Sabay nilang sinuri ang bangkay ng lalaki.

"Live na ulit ang security cameras," dismayado kong sabi sa kanila.

"Saan siya nanggaling?" humakbang si Ryde papalapit at nagmasid sa buong lugar.

Ryde dropped and knelt his right knee on the ground. May kinapa siya sa sahig at nang may matulkalasan siyang kakaiba, agad siyang nag-angat ng ulo sa gawi namin.