XIV. THE END NEVER JUSTIFY THE MEANS

l a s t c h a p t e r

VANCE ARDEN.

I DON'T understand where Ryde was coming from. How could he decide that fast without contemplating our situation? I knew him as a man with wise decisions. And now, he neglected us just because of that woman?

I shouldn't have joined this Illicit Task Force. I shouldn't be here! I should have chosen the other way around! He said it by himself that this mission is absurd, so he freaking was!

Damn his unacceptable decision!

With all of the sacrifices we made, every mishaps and bruises we gained just to accomplish this mission, he's seemed unaffected. I don't understand, why he doesn't like to begin a new life? To start patching up the immoralities he have done as a criminal? He prefers to get stranded from his fucked up past? That's bullshit! Ryde is too unfair! And these tears falling out down my cheeks, he's not worthy of it all! I've never been this mad in my entire life. I can even feel my ears burning up out in rage.

As I heavily caught my breath, a memory came across in my mind. Atalia's team can hear every conversation we have. Holy shit! How could I even forget that? That's our only hope way out here!

"Ryde!" I screamed and he didn't turn his head, but he stopped from walking.

Napagawi sa direksiyon ko ang mga kasama kong hawak ng mga kalalakihang armado. Binalik ko ang tingin ko sa harap matapos ko sila mabigyan nang makabuluhang tingin. Sana lang kuha nila ang nais kong iparating.

"You can't breach the agreement!" I said to catch his attention.

He slowly turned his body to face us. "But I already did." Ryde showed us his hand drenched with his own blood.

Ryde! What the heck? We're still here! You can't just dump us away. Damn it.

From my side, Jake joined our conversation. "Harrison, I despise your decisions!" he shook his head. "Hindi man lang ba sumagi diyan sa kokote mo? We almost die! They attempted to kill us!" veins were seen from his neck.

"Ryder, wake up! Don't you get it? She's manipulating you! You're not dumb to ignore that!" segunda mano naman ni Jade sa kabila ko.

"достаточно!" Enough! the woman exclaimed with a furry look. "You are the ones who's poisoning his mind!" she added as she raised from the elegant swivel chair.

I heard Colt scoffed. "Did you really treated him as your son? Admit it, you just used and exploited him, don't you?" she plastered an evoking smirk.

From her spot the woman rushed towards Colt. She gave her a pretty hard slap. "You, big-mouthed woman!" she furiously exclaimed as she caught her breath.

Colt on the other hand, didn't flinch at all. She stayed her head leaning on her left side. Then slowly, Colt faced the person standing in front of her. "Not as good as how my Dad hit me. . ." she stopped for about seconds, "But I'm quite impressed, really."

Bahagya napakunot ang noo ko sa narinig.

As how my Dad hit me.

Anong ibig sabihin no'n? Don't tell me, she was battered?

"I'll make sure you're going to hell," mariing saad ng babae kay Colt habang nakikipagtalo nang tingin.

Nagkibitbalikat lang si Colt sabay sabi, "Nice offer. . ." saka umismid, "But I don't need your effort, I already have my throne there." lalo pa siyang ngumisi.