XIII. "With every moments we had. . ."

a/n. WARNING! This chapter contains depiction of violence, crime, brutality, and murder. Reader discretion is strongly advised. Even so, the author DOES NOT glorify it in any means. Bear in mind that this is just a part of the plot for the characters' development.

Disclaimer: Any part of the story isn't affiliated with anything or anyone. THIS IS PURELY FICTION.

********

c h a p t e r 13

RYDER HARRISON.

THE LAST person I'd expect to see until my dying day, is this woman.

My great prodigal son.

If I could puke my liver out after hearing what she had said, I would definitely do it.

Ever since, I never felt that I'm a son to her. All she did was use and exploit me. Mold someone like me to become a somebody that I never wanted to be.

I can't even remember a time or a certain moment of my life, whenever she's around that she have considered me as her son. If I were to be honest, I'd frankly say that she never cared for me at all. . . ever.

It's brutally cruel, that the past had to double-crossed my mind right this moment.

TWENTY NINE YEARS AGO.
WASHINGTON DC.

"Ryder! Son! You need to leave now and hide onto something!" barely breathing, my mother told me.

She was trapped on a big broken cement blocks. Half of her body couldn't able to move and all she can do is to instruct me. To leave her here, and save my seven-year-old self.

I knelt down as I tried to pull her body out. But I'm not that strong enough to lift up the cement blocks. I touched her face with my trembling hand. My mind can't fathom this chaos. We were just walking inside the mall. My mom brought me here to stroll around, and then moments later, an aircraft crashed into the place where we're in.

"Mom, I can't— I won't leave you!" my tears fell down my cheeks. I worn out my jacket and gave it to my shivering mother.

I covered her upper body and said, "I'll go get for a help, please hold on, Mom." I tightened my grip to her hand. "I'll be back."

"Please say to your father that you'll always be here. . ." she placed her right hand to her chest, close to her heart.

I nodded and ran as fast as I could. I never knew that, it will be the last time I will witness my mother smiling at me. After I left her, I tried to seek for help, but no one lend me a hand. No one listened to my cries.

A tower on Washington was destroyed.

Dying people. Ambulance. Media.

An airplane showed up, crashed and destroyed the whole place.

Every corner of the city, all I see was nothing but mess.

I overheard a media reporter few meters away from me, saying that, Washington has been attacked by an unidentified syndicate. I was about to turn my back to get back to my mother, when a woman stumbled on my direction.