Ch. 14 Baseball

I was sitting on the roof late in the evening. I was just thinking about today and I just wondered if there was any other way that Jacob would have got what I was trying to say to him. I laid down and looked at the sky. Today the sky was clear and I could see the stars and the crescent moon was visible. When I looked at the moon I remembered the dream that I had.

Then Bella entered my room and walked closer to the window and opened the window and said "Why aren't you picking up your phone? Where were you? Cat is worried sick and why didn't you tell me you planned on seeing Jacob alone?"

I didn't respond and she then climbed out and sat next to me and looked at me and said "I am still waiting for an explanation."

I sighed and said "My phone is lost at the reservation."

She looked at me and was confused and asked "How did you lose your phone?"

I said "Because I turned."

She was angry and slapped my forehead and she said "Are you stupid? Why would you do that?"

I said "Because I fought with Jacob."

She was serious and asked "How is he? You didn't do something right?"

I chuckled and said "He is alive, just has some minor fractures. Probably healed."

She then turned around and said "Good, good..." She then sighed and said "So you two fought huh?"

I nodded and she asked "I am sorry chris."

I chuckled and said "Why are you sorry?"

She looked at me and said "Because... because of me..."

I cut her off and I said "It is not really about that sis... Jacob fought with me because I didn't stop you... I let you on this path... even when fully knowing how dangerous it is for you and he is mad because I kept it from him... I led him to believe that I knew nothing. He thinks that I don't trust him or something."

Bella then sighed and laid next to me and said "Chris... I think you knew that you wouldn't have been able to stop me even if you told me their truth and yeah it may look like you don't trust Jacob but how would you have explained as to how you know all this."

I sighed and said "I know, but what is done is done."

She said "Have hope Chris... everything will be fine."

I sighed and said "Wouldn't count on it."

Then Bella got up and gave me her phone and said "Call Cat."

I took the phone and Bella went inside. I then called Cat and she picked up the phone rather quickly. She was angry and she said "Where were you I have been calling you. Why didn't you pickup your phone?"

I sighed and said "Because my phone got lost at the reservation."

She didn't say anything and asked "Where are you?"

I said "Home." She then hung up the phone. After like 5-6 minutes later she reached my house. She jumped on the roof and looked at me laying there.

I then looked at Cat and she had a very sympathetic look on her face and Cat came close to me and laid down next to me. She laid her head on my chest and then hugged me tight and I chuckled and she looked at me and I put my arms around her and I kissed her forehead and I looked at the moon and sighed and said "Everything will be fine Cat..." She snuggled in close.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few days have passed now and I haven't been contacted by the wolves. I still don't know if my proposition will come to light but I can only hope. I am hoping a lot these days. I was in the garage and was working on my bike today was a Saturday and today was a lot cloudy it had a gloomy atmosphere as I was working a car came and it was Edward and Cat.