Ch.29 Cooperation

Bella was going to visit mom in Florida with Edward. Charlie wasn't too stoked about this trip but Bella managed to convince him otherwise. Charlie at one point asked me to go with them as well.

But I gave the excuses of assignments and projects, I was off the hook with all this. So Bella is safe now, and Charlie was in the clear from the start at least according to Carlisle he was.

Now all that I have to worry about is just a bunch of newborn vampires. I will need to talk to Sam about the attack that is about to happen. It will be beneficial for his pack as well, giving them some experience on how to fight vampires but I can't be sure if they will agree to it.

I woke up and cat was next to me. She was reading a book. She has been bringing a lot of stuff from our house. My room has string lights now for some reason. She looked at me and put the book aside, she gave me the morning kiss and said "Good morning."

I said "Good morning." I got up from the bed and yawned. I stretched a little and put on my boxers and I turned to her and I said "would you like to go to the reservation with me today?"

She looked at me and said "I am not sure if they will let me?"

I sat on the bed and said "Well, Carlisle went there with me."

She looked at me and said "Yeah, but you were there for business."

I said "I am going there for business as well Cat, besides I will be there."

She shook her head and looked at me and said "I don't know Chris, it is a very serious matter. You should go… "

I sighed and nodded my head and said "Alright." I got up then and I said "I am going for my morning run. I'll see you in school." I kissed her and she nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the school was over I went to the reservation to talk to Sam, I had informed Carlisle about this and he agreed that it would be helpful if they could come, but in case they don't we need to alert them anyways.

I reached the reservation and I found Leah. She looked upset. I walked up to her and I said "Hey."

She looked up and saw me. She put on a smile and said "what are you doing here?"

I said "Well, I need to talk to Sam about something, but since I saw you I thought I caught up with you."

She chuckled and said "Sam is out with the pack, he is training the new ones."

I said "So Sam is out training the pups huh?"

She looked at me and I said "What? I am like you guys… Well not exactly like you."

She laughed and said "This is the first time I have heard a wolf refer to himself like this."

I chuckled and said "It's all the same, pup, cub. It doesn't matter who you are, what you are, what matters is can you fight for the ones you love. Rest of it doesn't matter"

She looked at me and said "Yeah." She then asked "How are things going with Katherine Cullen?"

I chuckled and I said "Things are as good as they can be when you date someone who is of a different species than you."

She laughed and I continued "Things are nice with her… I feel comfortable around her… when I am with her I just forget about everything. Nothing is too hard and boring with her."

She looked at me and smiled and I asked "How are things going around here and especially with you?"

She said "Well, since you showed up, many of my friends have started to turn… and Sam is happy that the pack is growing. He trains them and Jacob helps him. It has helped Jacob a lot. He is getting better at controlling his anger."

I nodded and said "That is good, but still you left out yourself."

She said "Well, there is nothing much to tell… I train and I go to school, that's it."

I chuckled and said "Seems quite boring for a shapeshifter." She laughed and I said "I expected a little more adventure from you." I looked at her and said "You look good when you smile. You should do it more often."

She looked at me and asked "So I look bad when I don't smile?"

I shrugged my shoulders and said "Well, you look more like an angry store manager. So yeah you don't." She punched me in the arm.

I looked at her and asked "Can I ask something?" She nodded and I asked "Why are you sitting here if they are training?"

She looked down and then said "Tell me why you are here and I will tell you."

I looked at her and said "Fair enough I guess." She smiled and I said, "An attack is about to happen."

Her expression darkened and I continued "A small army of newborn vampires are coming to Forks. I was hoping for the cooperation of your tribe so that we can deal with the common threat."

She got up and said "Follow me I'll take you there." She burst through her clothes and transformed into a wolf. She was  relatively smaller than Jacob and Sam, she had greyish fur and she said "Come on."

I sighed and took my clothes off. She looked away when I was talking off my pants. I transformed into the wolf from and by this point the pain was normal to me but the sound of my bones crunching was something that I didn't like. It irritated me.

I stretched and she looked at me and I said, "Lead the way." She looked at me and nodded. She started to run. I followed her and she was considerably fast.

I was following her on my two feet. She kept looking back and she said nothing. I would look at her and she would face forward and speed up.

We reached the place where they were training, it was near the beach. It was surrounded by tall cliffs and forest behind. I came face to face with 20-24 more pups.

They looked at me and growled. Sam came forward and asked Leah "Why have you brought him here?"

Leah said "He has important information to share."

Jacob came forward and said "Even if it was the case you shouldn't have brought him."

I walked forward and all of the pups growled and showed me their fangs. Sam came and asked "What is the information?"

I said, "An attack is about to happen in a week."

Sam asked "Is it the red head?"

I shook my head and said "We are not sure, Alice couldn't see her, it's someone else."

Jacob blurted "Where is Bella?"

I didn't even look at him. I said to Sam, "We have sent my sister to Florida for the week to keep her safe from any attack."

Sam then said "Who is the main target of the attack then?"

I sighed and said "Mainly me and the Cullens as a whole."

Sam said "We will try and help but I don't think we can help the Cullens the pack won't agree."

I nodded and said "I knew you were going to say that. That is why I am here to ask something else of you."

Sam asked "What?"

I said "Have some of your beta's to protect Charlie for the week. We will take care of the newborns. If some pass into your territory you guys deal with those."

Sam said "That is acceptable… I will see to it."

I nodded and I said "Thank you for the help." I then looked behind and said "Seems like you guys were doing your thing… I'll leave you to it." I looked at Leah and said "Thanks for helping me." She nodded.

I then ran to my clothes and my bike. At least now I can fight without worrying about Charlie. That's a load off my mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~