❁ Chapter 2 ❁

The door opened with a hard push, Delilah's breath caught in her throat from running to her job.

Small licks was what Delilah woke up to that morning.

Her alarm clock never worked half of the time which is why she made a mental note yesterday before she left work early to go buy a new one.

It was 5:40am which meant she was forty minutes late.

Panic flooded her body as she saw her boss at the cashier doing her job.

Oh she was for sure in big trouble. Her boss hates when his employees were late.

She inhaled shakily and walked towards the counter while fixing her now messy hair.

The glare set on his face made her cower down in slight fear that he might fire her.

Overthinking was the thing she did the most. She could never control her thoughts from getting over the brim.

"You're late."

Delilah ran her hands through her face and looked at him with wide eyes.

"I'm so sorry- it won't happen again it's just my alarm clock didn't ring this morning so-"

He interrupted her with an annoyed sigh and just swiftly walked away towards the back.

"Whatever. Just know that you're not going to get paid for the hour you missed."

She followed him with quick steps, the smell of food entering her nose.

The money she gets paid was such a small amount that an hour less on her paycheck was horrid.

"Is there any way I can do overtime today? I would really appreciate it."

A scoff left the man's lips as he stopped and turned around, her body bumping into his with a yelp at the sudden movement.

"Alright. You can work until one in the morning for seven extra hours."

With a quick nod she thanked him and walked out, a piece of hair flying in her face as she blowed it away.

It was going to be a really long day.

❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁

Loud chatter filled the area making Delilah's head throb.

Only thirty minutes until she gets to go home.

The only thing that was keeping her eyes open at that moment was the cup of coffee on her left hand.

No one has entered the bakery for the past hour. Her boss would've let her go if he wasn't such an ass.

If you want to work overtime you can, you just can't wave until the assigned time even though there aren't people to serve.

'Such a stupid rule' Delilah thought.

She was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't notice twenty five minutes had already passed by.

Her coat was on her in a second, her bag on her shoulder as well.

The clock hit 1:00am making her let out a groan in happiness and grab the keys to lock the door.

"I definitely need a better job." She mumbled as she pushed the door to make sure it was locked.

The moon shone brightly against the clear sky, her eyes drinking in its mesmerizing beauty.

𝐺𝑟𝑢𝑛𝑡

The sudden noise made her remove her eyes from the moon and look towards the source of the sound.

Her face paled as she watched the scene playing out fifteen feet in front of her.

A guys with slicked back platinum blonde hair held a gun against a guy laying on the floor in pain.

His foot drew back as it now pressed tightly against the other man's face.

She stayed standing in shock as the guy chuckled dryly and shot him in the side of his face.

If it wasn't for her watching it she wouldn't have noticed someone just died. The guy was smart enough to put a silencer.

Her hand flew onto her face to control her heavy breathing, her feet still stuck to the ground.

The man turned around with an emotionless face and froze when he saw the young girl frozen in front of him.

Her legs finally started functioning when she noticed he was moving towards her at an insane speed.

A small whimper came out of her mouth as she ran down the alley, shaken with fear.

She quickly turned a corner with hope seeing that he wasn't behind her.

Oh but he was always one step ahead.

Hands were suddenly wrapped around her mouth and waist from behind making her eyes widen and a silenced scream escape her lips.

She desperately clawed at his hands making him grunt and grab moth of her wrists with the hand that was around her waist.

His head lowered down as he whispered hotly in her ear.

"If I remove my hand from your mouth and you scream I'll blow your head you understand?"

Nodding her head quickly she felt him pull his gun out of his pocket as he flipped her body, his hand still wrapped tightly on both of her wrists.

Her spine crashed against the wall painfully as he roughly pushed her up against the dirty brick wall.

"L-look I'm sure you have a great explanation on why you killed that guy so I promise I won't say anything."

In this moment nothing would change the fact that she would do anything for him to let her go.

The worst scenarios played out in her head as she imagines every way he could kill her without anyone noticing.

"Oh I know you won't say anything."

Her heart stopped as she heard his words.

'Oh my god he's definitely going to kill me!' She thought in fear.

Chills ran down her spine as he carefully inspected her, his face void of emotions.

His silver eyes held hers as he pressed the gun against her temple deeper an evil smirk on his face.

"I'm going to have so much fun torturing you.."

A sob escaped her lips as she tried her best to get out of his grasp, his smirk widening as he tightened his grip on her.

With a desperate cry she lifted her foot and stepped on his roughly.

There was so much anger evident in his eyes as she thrashed around in his grip.

He put the gun back in his pocket as he gripped her jaw tightly with that free hand.

He didn't find her stepping on his foot painful just because he had thick leather boots which made him feel nothing.

What really annoyed him was the fact that she still thought she could get away from him.

"I won't tell anyone just please let me go!"

Delilah kept crying in fear as she felt his grip on her jaw tighten painfully.

Nothing could explain the fear that ran through her as she watched him pull out a damp paper and press it against her mouth and nose forcefully, her vision turning black.

❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁

A/N

Don't worry y'all he won't torture her bad I pinky promise.

-K