- 𝖎𝖎𝖎

Coming back to the Hat Shop

The ladies saw you smiling at them which left them confused. You look horrible earlier and now you look like a new bloom. Your beauty never fades.

Walking inside you saw a familiar figure who wears an expensive dress, her jewelries making a sound as she walk. Then you saw her face, it's your mother.

She blinked and smile as she runs to you and gave you a warm hug that you almost fall but caught yourself.

Honey is a beautiful woman, she's good at dressing herself, wears make up often but still look good. "Sweetie! Where did you go? I missed you!" She pempered you with soft kisses all over your face making you laugh, Honey is a sweet woman even though she looks like a woman who hates kids. She always adores her three beautiful daughters, especially you sunce the two if you are just a like.

"It's good to see you too, mother. You look good in your dress. Where are you going anyways?" You asked as the two of you headed to the kitchen. You put a tea for her. You know your mother is going somewhere when she wear that kind of dress.

"Oh you know, Royal City. I'm gonna meet a man that you'll like! His name is Alfred Connor, he's a businessman and a gentleman too!" You sighed, this again?

This is what you hate about your mother, dragging you to her 'finding a man for you to marry' which you don't want in the first place.

"Mother, how many times do I have to tell you that I don't want to get married, yet. I'm still young, and I can handle myself. You don't have to do this to me, you know?"

Honey frowned slightly, she know that you hated this but she wanted what's best for you.

"But sweetie, the war is also gonna come anytime soon if you don't get married, your beauty will be a waste." She softly scolded you, she never rises her voice to you or your siblings. "Mother, it doesn't mean there's a war doesn't mean I can't get married. So don't rush things, okay? I can find a man on my own. A man who can love me." You smiled at her. Honey only nodded in acknowledgement. Well, this is the time she'll give up. But she was proud that you are an indipendent woman.

"I'm so happy for you sweetie, fine I guess I'll stop finding a man for you."

"Thanks mother." Suddenly you remembered Sophie as you stood up quickly making your mother startled. "Why are you standing up?"

"I have to go mother, I have to see Sophie first." You said. "Oh Sophie says she has a fever. She quite sounds like an old woman. Would you look out for her, sweetie? I'm gonna head out now." She stood up and dusted her yellow dress and gave you another hug.

"Take care. Send me a letter, alright?" You kissed her cheeks and hurriedly went to your sister's bed.

Knocking on the door, you heard nothing. You started to get worried, your heart pounding inside as you knock again. "Sophie? Are you there?"