Memories

Requilla POV

As I stepped onto the elevator, I thought about how the meeting went. I can't believe he would even think that I would do such a thing for money. I wasn't even looking to become involved with him, especially now that I know who he was. It's only going to bring problems into my life, and he will know where I'm hiding. I sigh as my head was starting to hurt, thinking about what would happen if he finds me again. I can't allow that to happen. I've traveled too far to get away from him, and by him, I meant my ex.

When I first met Zaric. He was the first guy I've ever dated. He was a charming guy, short curly black hair, brown eyes, caramel skin, and average size body type and height. I thought he would be my forever guy.

We started dating when I was seventeen, and he was eighteen. I lost friends over him because they warn me that he was not good for me, but I didn't care what they had say. I was in love with him, or in love with the façade, he showed me.

My home life was awful; with a drug addict mother and father. He was the only peace into my life at the time, and I latch onto him and enable him to become the air that I breathe.

We dated for five years, and as the years goes by, he had little slip-ups here and there, but I always let it go. He would get angry if I didn't listen to what he told me to do, wear, or even eat. It was after I moved in with him, he finally revealed his true colors.

He wouldn't let me leave the house without him. He got involved with some bad people, and that's when the abused started. He would hit me for every single thing. He beat me so bad one night I woke up three days later in the same spot with a broken rib and ankle. That wasn't even the worse part. He did many horrible things to me; things I wanted to forget.

I waited one night when he was shit face drunk, pack a few clothes and food, stoles some of his money, left, and I never looked back.

I shake my head, trying to get rid of those awful memories as the elevator door opens, I stepped off, waved bye to the receptionist, and went home. I didn't even change. I just lay there on the bed and welcome the darkness. 

I woke up to knocking at my front door. I rolled over to check the time and saw that it was 9 pm. I got up and quickly change into something more comfortable, which was a sweat pant and an oversize shirt, and head to the door.