From the Past

Requilla POV

I leaned against the door, reminiscing about his kiss on my forehead. I grinned as I unconsciously touched it, feeling butterflies. As I digest what he said, my smile fades. People will find out, and my low profile will no longer be so low. I sigh, my stomach churning. What if he tracks me down? What if he gets to me? I'm terrified of him. I can't allow him to hurt my baby again. My eyes well up with tears as I recall my first pregnancy. I slowly made my way to my room, trying not to cry.

I found out that I was four weeks pregnant, and I was thrilled. I thought this would finally change him, and he would start to treat me right. But when I told him that I was pregnant, he lost it. He beat me so bad that I woke up three days later and found out that I lost my baby.

I winced; I could feel his hand on me that night, every hit and kick. I tried so hard to protect my baby, but he stamps on my stomach so hard I threw up blood. I thought that I was going to die.

I slowly rub my stomach and drifted off to sleep, thinking about ways to protect my baby from that monster.

I wake up and rush into the bathroom, throwing up; nasty morning sickness, I mutter. I brushed my teeth and got dress before, heading to a nearby mall to meet up with Yas for a girls day out. I head inside towards the makeup department knowing that was where she would be.

I slowly crept up behind her and slap her ass. She swirls around with a look of anger plastered across her face before annoyance, when she realizes that it was me, and I burst out laughing. "You should've seen your face." She playfully glared down at me before she laughs, "I was ready to fight." 

We hugged and began to shop; well, she shopped,I just followed her along.

After a while of shopping, we head towards the food court. I order a big box of pineapple pizza, two-piece of chicken, and a fruit juice. I collected my order and sat at the table, waiting for Yas, when I felt eyes burning in the back of my head. I looked around, but I did not find anyone looking at me, so I shrugged it off and got back to my food. Yas sat down with her food and stared at me. "What? I'm eating for two now," she shook her head and laugh.

"So, how did it go with your guy?"  I laughed, rolling my eyes, "he's not my guy, and it went well. At first he thought I was lying and was just after his money, which was understandable, but after I slapped the shit out of him.

"You what? Yas exclaimed with a look of shock.

"He deserved it", I rolled my eye. "But he apologized and came over, and we talk about it. He also wants to be in the baby's life and promises to be there for me throughout the pregnancy".

"That's great, but what about you and him?

"There's no him and I, Yas. I doubt he's interested in me to start a relationship. We're just going to co-parent and keep it friendly. She rolled her eyes and smirk, "yeah right." I didn't bother to say anything and just enjoyed my food. We finished up and said our goodbyes, and I head home.

My phone rings while I was preparing dinner. I answered, not looking at the caller ID, "Hello?"

"Ciao bambina". I smiled when I realized who was on the other end of the line. I could feel something pooling in my stomach, and my body was melting.

"H- hello," I mumbled, suddenly feeling shy. I felt my vagina quiver as I heard him chuckle slowly. I had to bite my lower lip to keep from moaning. I couldn't believe how aroused I was just hearing his voice. I need to regain control of myself.

"How are you doing?", he asked softly. I cleared my throat, "I'm doing okay just cooking dinner."

We continue to talk even while I ate, and it felt refreshing to have someone to talk to. I was now in bed, still on the phone. We were talking about random things when I let out a yawn.

"Are you tired little one? I nodded my head before realizing that he couldn't see me, and I let out a small "yes" before yawning once again.

  "Okay, get some rest. I will talk to you another time". I ended the call and got settle in bed with a smile on my face. I heard my phone ding once again but assuming that it was him, I didn't bother to check and allowed sleep to consume me.

I woke up once again, running into the bathroom, throw up, and brush my teeth. You're giving mommy a hard time already. I smiled, rubbing my stomach.

I showered and got dress in a loose-fitting dress and flats. I went to the kitchen to make breakfast. I was, putting on the finishing touches when my phone rang, looking at it, it was an unknown number.

"Hello? I answered, but all I heard was breathing. I waited a while to see if I could hear anything else until a voice spoke up, "did you read my message?

My blood became frigid as the air left my lungs. I knew that voice from anywhere. This voice was the cause of my nightmares. The reason for my tormented mind.

This was the voice I've been running from.

As I tried to breathe, the phone slid out of my grasp. I quickly picked up the phone to check my recent messages, and that's when I noticed a number I didn't recognize. It simply said three words that I had no desire to hear or see. "I Found You".

I sprinted into the bathroom and threw up again before dropping to the floor. As the various beatings flashed through my mind, I began to hyperventilate.

The nights when he beat me so bad, I couldn't move for days, and when he would rape me.

The days he wouldn't feed me but chain me outside like a dog whenever I messed up. I flinch as I remember his hands all over me. I clutch my stomach as I remembered my miscarriage. I didn't get to hold my baby.

I couldn't tell how long I sat there crying. I was lost , locked in a state where I felt as if I were floating and couldn't grasp anything. I didn't even register Yas calling out to me. The last thing I saw before I passed out was Jadeen kneeling down in front of me.