Too Slow

Jadeen POV

I was in my office reviewing the new software that I plan to release before the end of the month. I was also reviewing the shelter home's blueprint, hoping to finalize it so we can start building it. As the day progress, it became more hectic. I had meetings after meetings. It was around noon when I was finally able to take a breath. As I sat in my office, tired,  my phone rings. I didn't look who's calling, annoyed that I was being disturbed. "Sharpe, speaking", I murmured.

"Hey baby", Requilla's voice flow through the speakers. I felt my body automatically melt and relax.

"How are you beautiful?", I felt a smile breaking out on my face.

"I'm okay, just here missing you and thought that I would give you call, since I know your day must be busy."

"I'm never too busy for you baby."

We continue to talk, until we were interrupted by a knock on my door. "Come in", I shouted.

In step my secretary. "Sir, your next meeting is ready."

I groan, annoyed that I would have to cut Requilla's and I conversation short because of these fuckers.

"Go, get the job done baby, I love you. Hurry and come home safe", Requilla spoke up. Home, she called our house, home.

"Will do, I love you too." I smiled as I ended the call. My heart was bursting with emotions. I was unbelievably happy.

The rest of the day went well. I was no longer feeling tired or stress, just the thought of knowing that Requilla is at home waiting for me, gave me the pep in my step to finish the day.

It was extremely late when I decided to call it a night. I was exhausted as fuck barely able to stand, but I know with the end results of both the app and the blueprint, I know it will be worth it.

As I was about to get into my car, just ready to get own to my woman. I heard footsteps slowly approaching from behind. I spin around ready to draw my gun when I saw that it was Alisha. I sigh already over this conversation.

"I just want to talk", she blurt out. I glared at her.

Just by standing in her presence agitated me, "why the fuck would I want to speak to you after everything you've done?", I spit, folding my arms. I despised this woman with every bone I had in my body, it's jut a pity that I can't kill her though.

"Just hear me out for a few minutes and I will disappear out of your life forever", despair clear in her voice. I thought about it for a while before nodding. I'm just simply going to hear her out. I lean against my car waiting for her to begin.

"I'm sorry for everything I've done to you. I'm sorry for betraying your trust, your loyalty and for having an affair. I'm sorry for deceiving you and tying you to a baby that wasn't there. I happy that you are moving on and having a family that you always wanted. I'm sorry that I allowed the money and the fame to get to my head and hurt you so badly. I'm sorry for allowing you to feel like you wasn't enough. But you are, you were the best thing that I ever had in my life. You really did love me and for that I'm very grateful. You deserve to be love and I hope she's giving you everything you deserve. I really do hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me". She finishes looking at me tears running down her face.

I pity her. She was a good person. I fell in love with someone who was there for me when I had bad mood swings and anger problems. We had history.

She was there for me back when I was known as Shadow, recruiting clients and risking her life by serving as bait anytime I needed to get close to the threat that the clients wished to be eliminated.

I sigh it's better to let go of the past right? I can't keep holding it against her. She fucked up, I know that but nobody is perfect.

"It's okay, I forgive you but I can't forget it", I sigh.

"It's best we go our separate ways and I hope you find happiness in the end". She nodded her head relief clear in her eyes. I smile at her finally able to feel at ease from this conversation. I was no longer in love with Alisha nor do I hate her. I was willing to let go of the pain, of the hate, so I can move on happily with Requilla.

The only woman that makes my heart race just by thinking about her and makes my face light up whenever she smiles at me. When I was with Alisha, I never felt like this. Being myself with Requilla was simple; I never had to wonder if I was doing things correctly. Everything always seemed to fall into place. I felt like I have someone I could tell my problems to, share my dreams and just simple talk for hours, it doesn't have to be a conversation with meaning. I never had that with Alisha.

Requilla made me feel needed. She made me always want to show my emotions with her. And let's not talk about the sex.  I could feel myself getting hard just thinking about her wet soaking pussy welcoming my every thrust. I shake my head getting rid of those thoughts and focus back on Alisha.

"I- I was cut off by the ringing of my phone; it was Ty. "He- "Requilla is missing", his spoke fast it took me a second before I could comprehend what he said and when I finally did, it felt like all the air had being suck out of my lungs. "What?", I yelled gripping the phone.

"Get here now", he said roughly before hanging up. I slid into my car and sped off forgetting about Alisha or the smile forming on her face.