21.

▶ Beside You ~ 5SOS

The next evening after college, Jungkook came back to his flat to get his things before going to Namjoon's, since he had left haphazardly for Jimin's. He packed a suitcase for the next two weeks he would stay there.

He knew he didn't need to avoid Taehyung anymore. But then, he wouldn't be able to study with him. Taehyung was incredibly distracting.

Jungkook was on his way to the penthouse, to tell him he's leaving. Instead, he saw the model with Yeontan in the lobby.

"Jungkook! What are you doing here?"

"I just came to collect some stuff and uh, say bye to you."

Taehyung's smile grew bigger. Yeontan yapped at his ankles.

"The couple is still not back?!" Jungkook asked, petting the happy furball. "How long are they vacationing for?"

"Oh no, they're back. I sometimes take him on walks when I'm free. It's refreshing. If you're free, do you wanna join me?"

Jungkook nodded. They both stepped out. The evening air was crisp, the sky cloudless and clear.

"No work today?" Tae asked.

"It's a Saturday. I only go in if a patient is coming but today there weren't any."

They ambled along the lush green trail. Yeontan happily sniffed the bushes. To anyone watching, they looked like a happy couple. Picture perfect, with a dog.

"So like these exams, are your midterms?"

"Yeah. My first semester ends in December. I'll have my finals then."

"Oh. So these don't carry too much weightage?"

"They do actually, they're graded by the uni exam department and not just my professors."

"No wonder you are stressed about it."

"Yeah, kinda."

Jungkook wasn't stressed but he didn't want to admit the real reason he was at Namjoon's.

"I remember you mentioning that you can't cram last minute so you have to study consistently."

He looked at Tae, surprised he remembered that.

"I know you'll do well regardless Kookie. So don't worry your pretty head too much."

"Thanks Tae."

It was a comfortable silence. Tae's hand slipped into his, making his heart go haywire.

They went to a nearby park which had a small fair going on in the grounds. The sun was beginning to set now. His Hyungs were expecting him for dinner so he told Tae he had to leave soon.

"Hey Kookie, let's go to the Ferris wheel!"

"What?"

"Come on! It's been ages since I've been on one!"

"What about Tannie?"

"We will take him. He is a calm dog anyway."

"They will allow you?"

"We'll find out!"

Soon, they were being let in the line. Turns out, all Tae had to was offer him twice the amount for the ticket and Yeontan was let in too.

Junkook hooted at the swooping sensation in his stomach as the ride turned. Taehyung raised his hand that wasn't holding Yeontan in the air, closing his eyes and laughing.