25.

▶ Christmas Tree ~ V

The next morning, Monday, Jungkook felt as if he had dreamt up the whole night.

He had his first paper in half an hour and he was going crazy with classmates begging him to pass his answersheet, since he was always better prepared than they were. He was still a bundle of nerves so he walked away from their ruckus, standing under a tree outside the exam department.

His phone pinged. He smiled immediately.

TaeBear
Goodluck for today Kookie!
Ik you'll smash it. 💜

Kookie
Thanks! Need it.

His phone pinged again.

Jiminshii
Do well bish. If you fail,
I'll let you be my backup
dancer.

Jungkookah
Thanks bish. Such
motivation, much wow.

The bell rang and he entered the hall, praying to every god there existed.

****

That wasn't so bad, Jungkook thought.

His first three exams had gone by smoothly. There were two more left. There was a gap of two days before the next paper so he was a bit relaxed, playing AmongUs on his phone.

A notification popped up, making his heart quicken.

He knew better than to get his hopes up, though. Him and Tae were all over social media. People were speculating. Dispatch had written a very cheesy article about them. Taehyung's fans were calling them "TaeKook." But Taehyung himself hadn't said anything. His PR was trying to cut down the more explicit rumours again.

Jungkook really liked their photos together. He made one into a photocard and it sat proudly in his phone case, like he had seen girls do with the K-pop idols.

Totally not romantic.

Tae had been texting nonstop through the course of Jungkook's exams, but the latter felt there was still no sign that the situation was anything romantic.

He opened the message.

TaeBear
Come downstairs :)

Kookie
What? Now?
Jin Hyung is here! :0

TaeBear
Please?! tell him you forgot notes
or some shit like that.

Kookie bb
Fineeee. So
demanding smh.
See ya.

Jungkook stood, making Jin look up from his book. It was a habit of Namjoon he was trying to pickup.

"Jin Hyung, I need some notes from my classmate. I'll be back by 11 ish, don't wait up for me. I'll take the spare key!"

"Don't drive if you're drinking!"

"I literally just said I'm going for notes!"

Jin chuckled, shaking his head as the door shut. He wasn't born yesterday, he had pulled all sorts of tricks to meet Namjoon during his work shifts too. On cue, his handsome husband emerged from the bathroom, freshly showered.

"He left? Thank god, he really studies like a machine," Namjoon sighed.

"It's in the genes, Joonie. What do you think you're like when you're working on a case? You're fifty times worse."

Jin stood up and walked to Namjoon who was sitting on the loveseat, scrolling through his texts, towelling his damp hair. Jin took the towel and phone from his hands and straddled him.