25. I Hate You

Danielle.

"As for Madison Jane... Madison Jane's custody will go to Liam Payne." Said Judge Abrams, letting out a small breath. "Excuse me?" I snapped, pushing back my chair and standing up. I slammed my hand down on the table as the chair screeched backward. I didn't expect to suddenly be filled with so much anger.

"You're not taking my baby girl away from me, I will not let that happen." I snapped, directing the comment more towards Liam than Judge Abrams. "She's my baby girl too, Danielle." Said Liam, pushing his own chair back and standing up, "I deserve to get to know her, and get-to-know-her I will."

"Please, you've got to be kidding," Said Shannon, to Judge Abrams, "Liam is not a suitable Father. He tours the world, he parties all night, he's a singing sensation! He won't have time for Madison. She is going to be neglected from the moment Liam takes her home."

"Mr. Payne will have a thirty-day trial period with his daughter. If Madison isn't cared for properly, she will be sent back to Danielle as soon as possible. We will check in with Madison at the end of every day to see how she is doing." Said Judge Abrams, standing up and collecting his binder of papers. "So you're just going to take her away from me?" I asked, eyes wide and adrenaline pumping.

"We will send someone from social services over to your home this evening. They will collect Madison and her belongings, and take her over to Liam's flat." Judge Abrams explained.

"No, no, no," I murmured, shaking my head. "You can't take her away from me! S-She's my princess!"

"I'm really sorry it came to this Danielle." Liam said, almost looking sorry. "But some relationships just aren't meant to be, like mine and yours. That's why the judge gave me custody of Madison, and didn't give us joint custody. It'd just be confusing for the children to have two parents who hate each other. I'll think about telling Madison more about you when she's older and can understand what's going on easier."

"Since when have we hated each other?" I questioned, almost hurt. Though, at the moment, I do have a burning anger for Liam. Liam shrugged.

"Okay Liam, what will I tell Max? He loves you the most out of the kids! He wanted you back into his life so badly! When he met you at the bakery, he became the happiest little boy you'd ever see. And you only fought for Madison. Liam- she's gonna hate you for taking her away from me and her brother and sister." I snapped, eyes springing with tears. My heart was racing so fast, it was unbelievable. This cannot be happening.

"I'm sorry I couldn't do better, Danielle," Shannon apologized, turning towards me. I ignored my lawyer, and stared at Liam as he shook hands with Tony. "Please Liam, you don't love Madison. You don't even know her! Her favorite color, her favorite song, her least-favorite vegetable... You just, you don't deserve her!"

"I'll learn." Was All Liam said, as he pushed his chair in, and walked towards the door with Tony. "Liam, Judge Abrams, this is so unfair! She is my baby!"

"Just because she's your 'princess' or your 'angel' or your 'baby-girl', doesn't mean you'll take custody of Madison." Said Tony, scoffing. "Just come to terms with the agreement, Danielle. You need to act adult and mature when you tell the children about the arrangement."

Judge Abrams offered a meek sympathetic smile, "My sincerest apologies, Ms. Peazer, but Mr. Payne deserves a chance to bond with his daughter-"

"H-He can bond with her! He can come for dinner sometimes, and have visits and he can take her to school if he wants! But please, I'm begging you, don't take her away from me."

"It's already done."

*

I unlocked my door, and stepped inside my flat. I was dragging myself along, a blank, dreary expression on my face. I have no idea how I'm going to be able to break this to Madison. Or Max. Or Megan. Madison is Megan's idol. And she's gonna be gone, for a minimum of 30 days. Probably longer. Probably forever.