Chapter 4

"𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝙸 𝚔𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞

"𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝙸 𝚔𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞. 𝙾𝚗𝚎 𝚔𝚒𝚜𝚜, 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚘𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚍. 𝙰𝚍𝚍𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞."

Teegan's POV

Teegan's POV

" Gosh, this exam is going to be the death of me. " Beverly muttered as we walked out of class and made our way to the exit. I groaned as simply thinking about studying made the books in my bag double in weight..

" You're telling me. I feel so stressed and overwhelmed.. I wish I could just spend most of my days cuddling with Grayson.. " And Levi. No! Be good, Teegan..

" Are you sure that cat isn't a real person.. sometimes I think you treat him like he is one.. " She said as we exited the building, and I laughed softly as I had the same thought the other day as well.

" He's a kitty Bevs, nothing more, nothing less. " I said, and soon, I bid her goodbye as she walked to her car. I began making my way home, and I jumped when I heard a voice behind me..

" Teegan... I hear you're coming to my party, " Alec said, looking down at me with a smile, and I shrugged. " I-I'm still thinking about it. " Truth be told, I had no intentions of going, but Beverly was being so persistent.. it was hard to say no.

" Well, I definitely hope to see you there.. " He replied, giving me a slight wink as he walked away. I bit my lip as I held my bag a bit tighter and speed walked my way home. Alec was sometimes harmless.. but he was scary. I didn't favor being alone with him for any reason whatsoever. Upon arriving home, I placed my keys in the lock and turned to see Mitchel walking into his apartment.. looking very battered and shaken up.

" Mitchel, are you ok? " I asked him softly, and he didn't say anything as he entered his apartment and slammed the door shut. Levi was helping him pack the other day, and I knew he was a bit late on rent.. I  hope he's holding up ok.

I opened my door, and Grayson immediately made his way through my ankles happily as he purred.. I picked him up slowly and petted his fur as he purred and snuggled closer to me. Walking over to the couch, I sat with him and brought out a few of my flashcards. Soon, Grayson had gotten extremely comfortable in my lap, and I received a phone call from my mother as I'd just finished detangling my hair tie from my bun, letting my messy curls fall loose down my back.