Chapter 41

𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚞𝚙 𝚖𝚢 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚕𝚍, 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚜𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚖𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚔.

Teegan's POV

" Why do you always smell so damn good

" Why do you always smell so damn good. " Abbie asked out of the blue as I sat at my desk, and I looked over at her in utter confusion.

" Because I shower? " I questioned, perplexed, and she shook her head as she grabbed my arm and smelled it like a crazy person.

" No. You don't just shower.. you smell like laundry and lavender.. " She muttered, and Emma spoke as she typed on her computer.

" Leave the poor girl alone, abnormal. "

" I told you to stop calling me that.. " Abbie said in a menacing whisper, and I sighed as I pulled my arm back and pushed her away using her chair. The door opened, and Jacob entered as he walked over to his desk. I didn't feel too awkward about the situation yesterday.. but we hadn't really spoken about it.. and I didn't feel ready to initiate that conversation with him.

" I gotta few more C-sections this afternoon.. so I'm gonna grab something to eat now. I'll see you girls later. " He spoke, filling the silence, and locked eyes with me for a moment before stepping out of the room.

" You saw that, right? " Emma asked Abbie, and Abbie nodded quickly and looked over at me.

" What happened between you two? " She asked with wide eyes, and I blushed heavily.

" Nothing! " I exclaimed, and Emma shook her head.

" No, something happened. He always tries to touch something by your desk when he comes in or makes a joke to make you laugh. Neither happened. " She deduced like Sherlock Holmes, and Abbie nodded as she spoke.

" And! And he made minimal eye contact, but he was breathing heavily the second he saw you! "

" Starting to think you guys should've gone to Psychiatry instead of OB/GYN.. " I said, looking between them, and their eyes never let up as they egged me on. Sighing, I decided to spit it now to get it over with, as they didn't seem like they were going to go away.