Chapter 51

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚘𝚍𝚢 𝚎𝚡𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚞𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚍 𝚑𝚎𝚛. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚜𝚖𝚘𝚔𝚎.

 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚜𝚖𝚘𝚔𝚎

Teegan's POV

A Few Weeks Later

A Few Weeks Later

" Hello, boys! " Abbie yelled happily to Micah, Elliot, and Nico as she stepped out of the car with a smile. Looking over to Levi in the driver's seat, I held in my smile as he rolled his eyes and took the key out of the ignition. Emma rolled her eyes as she opened the door in the back.

" Here we go.. Let's hope your parents have a rather wide selection of wine for me to get through this night.. " She muttered, and I gave Levi's hand a small squeeze before stepping out into the cold air of my hometown in Chicago for the second time after stepping out of the airport. 

That's right, my mother invited me, the boys and girls, to a small get-together before Christmas. Of course, Emma and Abbie were going to spend their actual holiday with their parents and family, but she wanted to get to know the girls who got me through my last few years in Maryland. And as for the boys.. They just had to come for obvious reasons.

I could vividly remember the day I called to tell her I had essentially made amends with Levi. She wasn't upset or happy, but I knew she felt indifferent as I spent most of my nights at the beginning of our breakup crying to her over the phone. It took a bit of convincing to let her know that I was happy, and on Levi's part, he had to do his due diligence and get a stern talking to for around 2 hours about how he should never have hurt her little girl.

To which, he simply listened intently and didn't accept my attempt at trying to cut the call short. He wanted to hear what she had to say. He wanted to know how badly he hurt me overall and how it affected her. It was like he wanted to be reminded of how much pain we both endured and how it should never happen again. And that's why-

" Levi, it's so good to see you! " My mother said, hugging him after she'd finished greeting me, and he returned her hug happily, forgetting how irritated he was at Abigail's constant antics and jokes on the plane