Chapter 11

𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚢 𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚊 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚝, 𝚒𝚏 𝚝𝚠𝚘 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚍.

Teegan's POV

" And with that, students, I am pleased to announce our guest speaker for the assembly, Dr

" And with that, students, I am pleased to announce our guest speaker for the assembly, Dr. Oliver Harrison. " The assistant dean of the school spoke into the microphone. The rest of the students and I began to clap for the man who was essentially calling most of the shots due to his status and the amount of money he invested into our medical school... He is also known as Alec's father and is primarily the reason Alec is so conceited all of the time.

I didn't mind that Alec was the son of the wealthiest doctors we know, but for him to use it constantly as a way for him to get away with everything he does with no consequences, it slightly scared me of what he may be capable of.. especially if I'm currently a target for him. Looking behind his father, who was speaking, my eyes locked onto the devil himself. Sitting alongside the head faculty on stage as the school's "golden boy" whose father was oh so proud of..

Our eyes locked for a moment, and he sent me a wink as I averted my eyes back to his father, who was also staring directly at me. I played with my fingers unconsciously as he continued to speak, slowly moving his eyes off of me.

" The new changes we have in store will be both exciting for our future doctors of medicine.. but it may also be challenging on the way. That is why I have decided to accept the offer to become chairman of the board. While working alongside Dean Martin, we are hoping that the new and improved opportunities for students, as well as changes to the curriculum, will be able to take effect soon. Thank you. " He finished, and we clapped once again as he left the podium to take a seat by his son once again.

I bit my lip as I zoned out the last portion of the assembly before we were all dismissed. Walking out of the auditorium, I made my way outside. Dr. Harrison becoming chairman of the board would only give him more power and status.. meaning Alec could use that to his advantage too.. No.. don't think negatively, Teegan...He may just leave you alone.

" Teegan.. " Or not..

Turning around, I looked to see Alec standing smug in his suit as he approached me slowly, and following him was Dr. Harrison, his father.