Chapter 18

𝚃𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚔𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚕𝚒𝚙𝚜 𝚌𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚋𝚎 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚠𝚎'𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚑𝚞𝚛𝚝.

Teegan's POV

Teegan's POV

My heart quickened as I gazed up at my older brothers. Dakota was always the more classy brother, dressed in a black fitted shirt as well as slacks and dress shoes, while Declan had a halfway buttoned dress shirt, and his hair was as messy as his temper and attitude. My hands went clammy as they entered my apartment.

" Looks like you're not living in a shoebox.. that's good, I suppose. " Dakota said as he entered and examined my space. I closed the door softly as I bit my lip and played with the end of my sweater.

" What are... y-you two doing h-here? " I asked and Declan scoffed.

" Can't even visit our little sister anymore? Wow.. didn't expect you to be this upset to see us.. " Declan spoke as he walked around the living room as well.

" But if you must know.. " He continued as he took a seat on the couch.

" We're in town for business... we're also debating whether or not you'll be staying here for the rest of your schooling. " He muttered as if he didn't just drop a bomb on me, and my mouth went dry.

" What? " I whispered, and Dakota spoke.

" I've never been a fan of you living in the city.. so far away from us at that.. and with a bit of convincing, mama left the decision to us whether or not we want you to come back home. " He began, and I continued feeling lightheaded. I had just spoken to her yesterday, and she wished me luck on the rest of my rotation... and now she's leaving the option of me staying or going back home in the hands of my misogynistic brothers?

" -The crime rates are only increasing, and you won't be able to take care of yourself. " he finished, and I did my best to hold back my incoming tears.