Chapter 27

𝙷𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚝 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚕𝚍 𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝚑𝚒𝚖 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚊 𝚏𝚕𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚑𝚎𝚛.

Teegan's POV

Pushing him back slightly, I closed the door behind me and looked up at him in a panic

" Levi. What are you doing here? " I asked, and he tilted his head to the side as he sighed.

" I'm here to apologize, Tesoro.. I should have never lied to you or hurt you.. I'm sorry. " He said, and I narrowed my eyes at him.

" Levi. You cannot kidnap someone I know, kill my neighbor, drop a dying man off where I work, and manhandle me to stay with you! " I whispered, and he spoke once again.

" That's why I'm trying to apologize.. " He spoke, and I turned as I went for the doorknob, only for him to place the flowers down in the grass and place his hand over mine.

" Tesoro.. please. " He muttered and shook my head as I crossed my arms.

" You don't get to call me that anymore. " I whispered, and he sighed heavily.

" Teegan, please.. There is absolutely nothing I can say to make what I've done disappear. And I am sorry for what I put you through.. You are my everything, la mia vita, il mio cuore, la mia anima.. everything. I'm a better man when I am with you, Teegan.. you make me a better person just by being there. And I know I should have been honest and should not have forced you to stay.. but I felt hopeless.. out of options.. " He said sincerely, and I looked over to him as he placed his hand fully in mine.

My life, my heart, my soul.

Teegan...

" I begin to lose myself without you.. I can't eat, sleep, think.. I couldn't let you go.. "

Teegan.

" I know I do horrible things.. things I know that will never be forgiven. But I only do what I do to help other people. I.. take care of people that hurt other people.. That boy, Tesoro- " He muttered as he placed his hand on the side of my face and looked deeper into my eyes. I subconsciously leaned into his hand, and he glanced at the gesture momentarily before speaking.