Chapter 8

𝚆𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎. 𝚆𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜.

 𝚆𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜

Teegan's POV

" Teegan, I'm sorry! Please, I got caught up in the moment and completely forgot about you

" Teegan, I'm sorry! Please, I got caught up in the moment and completely forgot about you. I promise it won't ever happen again. Please forgive me. " Beverly said, pleading beside me as I studied in the library. My next rotation in the hospital was going to be OB/GYN, and I would start in a few days' time. I had to brush up on my terminology as I spent the last few days studying for my shelf exams while also dedicating some alone time to Grayson and my couch.

I hadn't spoken to Beverly lately, and she'd spotted me in the library and came over. I was a bit angry at her for kinda abandoning me at Alec's party, not to mention he was all touchy-feely, making me feel grossed out for the entire time there. How can you forget a person that you literally forced to get up, dressed, and come to a party in which they didn't even want to go to in the first place?.... Is what I want to say..

" It's fine, Bevs.. no harm done. " I muttered and felt slightly defeated. Nonetheless, she was one of my closest friends.. I shouldn't have to lose her over a small mistake.. right?

She hugged my arm happily and pulled away after a few moments. I was looking forward to her possibly pulling out her own homework so we could study in silence, but I groaned internally as she spoke again, pulling me from my reading.

" ... So, Alec tells me you've been ignoring him. " She asked, and I bit my lip as I played with the end of my sweater.

" I have nothing to say to him.. not after he was trying to make a desperate move on me at the party.. " I said and felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I went to grab it when she spoke again.

" I get it.. But he's been trying to go out with you for the last year.. " She said, and I shrugged my shoulders. Beverly wasn't really trying to make me go out with him.. was she?